Image Map Image Map
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Ebay Follies

Quote Originally Posted by Kazblox View Post
    This place is a joke. How would you like a refurbished 1 gigabyte SCSI drive for the cost of around two and a half iPhone X units at entry level with a measly 15 dollar shipping fee?
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Fujitsu-1-1GB...-HDD/108780509
    Unfortunately for us there are plenty of large businesses who would have no problem buying that to replace one.

If you look at "seller's other items" you often see a collection of flea-market junque along with the lone computer item which you know was a lucky find and is being sold untested. Caveat emptor.

-CH-

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    .... but if that's too rich for you, perhaps you might enjoy this for mere pocket money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Only-1-of-2...UAAOSwP4FaIt8V
    I think it's kind of cute that it has a 6800 CPU, so he set the price at $6,800.

Blog Entries

It's becoming a pastime of mine to use my records to question these things. I mentioned to this seller that a completely unbuilt, pristine unit sold for just $499 recently.
    Last edited by falter; December 7th, 2017 at 08:40 AM.

.... but if that's too rich for you, perhaps you might enjoy this for mere pocket money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Only-1-of-2...UAAOSwP4FaIt8V
    Rare? Really? I'm nobody and I have a very ratty condition "CREI" branded unit that is similar to that.

Blog Entries

If true, it's only worth $100 now, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

There's actually a thread here on the forums where this seller mentioned buying it. His position is that conferring with another owner, they concluded there are only two of these in existence. I'm pretty sure that isn't true. When this unit was up for sale (and it was relisted twice because it did not fetch its initial BIN), I recall finding a message thread online that suggested some of those speaking had actually used these in school. So that would suggest they were produced in some quantity.

And I agree.. this loses value now as a kit that has been partially assembled this year.

I don't begrudge him trying to make some money, but he's flipping it too soon and I think partially building it was a mistake. I give him points for being honest in mentioning that it was the same one that sold recently.

I haven't read the entire thread so this may already be posted. Looks like vintagecomputermuseum is closing down:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Com...e/152778302506
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

Blog Entries

I don't think he is. He actually has one of his children or grandchildren helping. He is still actively buying and flipping. I think this is just an unneeded warehouse of junk he can't flog for his usual 4000% markup.