Image Map Image Map
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: The Ebay Follies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Internet-en...4365%7Ciid%3A1

Only one word came to mind about this seller when I saw the main picture of this listing..................”ass”.
    Bahaha

Why would you put something up on ebay that you have no intention of selling? So many ebay sellers are *so* weird like that.

Or just rude. I get lots of those... esp. if you dare to use Make an Offer on something obviously way overpriced. Boy do they get rude then. Not sure what their goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Why would you put something up on ebay that you have no intention of selling?
    That’s exactly what I asked him. Haven’t gotten a reply yet. And yes, judging from what he said in the picture, I’m sure the levels of butthurt would be strong if you lowballed him on his “special” Apple IIgs. He’d probably add another picture of the middle finger with your offer pasted over it.

I think for fun we should all bombard him with offers in the $200 or less range.

Bahaha

Why would you put something up on ebay that you have no intention of selling? So many ebay sellers are *so* weird like that.
    I can't find the time or effort to sell things I actually want to get rid of, certainly not for things I don't want to sell.

But yeah, there are so many listings on eBay that don't make any sense to me.
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Does anyone remember King Mean Guns? Don't ask me how exactly he formatted his name. He had some rare Atari cart, wanted, I kid you not, 1,000,000.00$ US. Needless to say I don't believe he got it (he definitely didn't get it). This was back when eBay allowed questions and answers posted right in the listing. Oh it was funny! One guy said "I'd like to offer one long cool Cheerio" or some crap like that. Mr. Mean Guns fired back "Can you say...spam!?".

Blog Entries

Another practice I don't understand is when something fails to sell, they relist at a *higher* price than the failed auction/offer was set at.

It has been my observation that sellers that ask absurdly large prices hurt themselves long term. If/when they bring down the prices to a more reasonable level, they will have lost any "wow" factor. Nobody will care about their item any more. Potential buyers may continue to hold a grudge or, in some cases, even expect dishonesty or further numbnuttery.

Another practice I don't understand is when something fails to sell, they relist at a *higher* price than the failed auction/offer was set at.
    I suspect at least in some cases the seller has moved an item to storage or otherwise switched to a long term plan for selling. But yes, that gets annoying. It seems part of the idea is to "train" buyers that they should instantly jump on a deal before the price goes up.