Image Map Image Map
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: The Ebay Follies

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Heh. I made an offer of $135 and explained that I knew what he paid for it and what the auction history was. He responded by sending a counter offer for $489. I guess he didn't like my reasoning... lol
    The worst part is that he's charging (to me) $80 for shipping where-as the original one was free shipping. Even if he took your $135, there was still that excessive shipping charge to profit off.
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    The worst part is that he's charging (to me) $80 for shipping where-as the original one was free shipping. Even if he took your $135, there was still that excessive shipping charge to profit off.
    What surprises me, is that they appear to be a legit, large volume seller of electric equipment with a high feedback rating. This seems like a waste of time for them and is almost totally unrelated to their business. And then to react snarkily when caught out. Very strange. And then to massage it by suggesting how it looks like an Apple product. Sheesh.

I'm going to give the deskthority peeps the heads up on this one, just so someone doesn't go wasting $300 they didn't need to.

$200 for MS-DOS 4.01!? https://www.ebay.com/itm/202499015250
    There is a REASON that box is unopened!

How much would you be willing to pay to ensure that box *remains* unopened?

Quote Originally Posted by kgober View Post
    How much would you be willing to pay to ensure that box *remains* unopened?
    I think I want to start a youtube channel similar to the 'Will it blend' or the Cellphone Drop tests but where I buy up new sealed packages of retro goodness and then open it up.. Maybe even do things like open up that box and then do a format test to see how good the floppies still are in some vague claim that i'm providing some good for future buyers (like the cellphone youtubers). Imagine the hate and thumbs down.
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Blog Entries

Heck, I don't even have to go through all that. I get enough hate fixing an HP41 the "wrong way" (a really good way), or making an Amiga power supply work without "recapping" it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I think I want to start a youtube channel similar to the 'Will it blend' or the Cellphone Drop tests but where I buy up new sealed packages of retro goodness and then open it up..
    Actually, Stu's got that covered: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9n...6MFQe3g/videos
    (although his are non-destructive and meant as reviews)
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Actually, Stu's got that covered: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9n...6MFQe3g/videos
    (although his are non-destructive and meant as reviews)
    Yeah, I know that carrington vanston also opens up Infocom games for his podcast as well. It's all good to me, I don't believe software should be left sealed up and unused... What is important is the contents of the box and leaving it closed up does nothing as it's going to go bad whether or not you open the box (just like a rare can of soda). Might as well enjoy it while you can. But, to each their own... I'm a user, not a collector.

Blog Entries

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Internet-en...4365%7Ciid%3A1

Only one word came to mind about this seller when I saw the main picture of this listing..................”ass”.