Image Map Image Map

Thread: Jlimed my HP 620LX

Default Jlimed my HP 620LX

I recently installed Jlime on my HP 620LX and it has been quite a bit of fun to mess around with.

It got me thinking about what else I can do with it. One thing I was thinking was maybe I would try to set up a web server. It seems like on the software side if I work at it I could run something like Monkey Server.

I'm wondering about what sort of storage options I could use though. Right now I am running off a 4GB CF card. The PCMCIA slot is taken up by the Ethernet card so that only leaves me with a serial port. I tried to see if maybe I could use a USB PCMCIA card with multiple ports but they are all 32bit and this system only uses 16bit PCMCIA cards so that was a no go.

I have a serial to USB adapter for it but I don't think I can use that to communicate to USB devices like an external HD enclosure. Is it possible to go serial to scsi and use an external scsi drive?

I guess the other option would be to use a NAS and just attach to it over the network as a share.

Blog Entries

I hadn't heard about Jlime before, thanks for sharing.
    Torfinn

Quote Originally Posted by tingo View Post
    I hadn't heard about Jlime before, thanks for sharing.
    No problem. It has been really fun to use so far. The repository config included with it is out of date so the opkg.conf needed to be updated to http://www.jlime.com/downloads/repository/vargtass , at least for my 620LX. The other models use a different distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Klankins View Post
    No problem. It has been really fun to use so far. The repository config included with it is out of date so the opkg.conf needed to be updated to http://www.jlime.com/downloads/repository/vargtass , at least for my 620LX. The other models use a different distribution.
    Hi Klankins,

I also have a HP-620lx and wanted to try Jlime. Unfortunately some of the files are not accessable anymore, namely vargtass-image-5.0-620lx-660lx.tar.bz2t. I dont suppose you have a copy of the Jlime files for a HP-620lx still that you could share? Bit of a long shot.

Regards

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Klankins View Post
    I recently installed Jlime on my HP 620LX and it has been quite a bit of fun to mess around with.

It got me thinking about what else I can do with it. One thing I was thinking was maybe I would try to set up a web server. It seems like on the software side if I work at it I could run something like Monkey Server.

I'm wondering about what sort of storage options I could use though. Right now I am running off a 4GB CF card. The PCMCIA slot is taken up by the Ethernet card so that only leaves me with a serial port. I tried to see if maybe I could use a USB PCMCIA card with multiple ports but they are all 32bit and this system only uses 16bit PCMCIA cards so that was a no go.

I have a serial to USB adapter for it but I don't think I can use that to communicate to USB devices like an external HD enclosure. Is it possible to go serial to scsi and use an external scsi drive?

I guess the other option would be to use a NAS and just attach to it over the network as a share.
    Hi,

I also have a HP-620lx and wanted to try Jlime. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the right files, especially the userland file. I don't suppose you still have a copt of the files and would be willing to share them?

Regards

Richard