Image Map Image Map

Thread: Found a Raytheon PTS-100 VDU

Default Found a Raytheon PTS-100 VDU

Nothing to get excited about by itself, just a monitor with no intelligence. But I am wondering about the system. Found little on the web. Anyone have some pointers??

Default Raytheon terminal

Quote Originally Posted by byates View Post
    Nothing to get excited about by itself, just a monitor with no intelligence. But I am wondering about the system. Found little on the web. Anyone have some pointers??
    I used these terminals to process SPARC pick cards to find and deliver parts while I worked in stock at Eastern Air Lines from 1976 to 1986.
    EAL actually had a quite sophisticated system. Various stock rooms had terminals which would receive parts request and print out a SPARC pick card. In SR7 (small parts room), there were about 10 aisles with parts and a terminal for each aisle. I would scan the card and the computer would instruct a machine to roll back and forth down the aisle, stop, elevate to a certain drawer, pull it out, bring it to me, I would retrieve the part, scan the card as picked, then put the part in a bag, attach the pick card, and put it on a conveyor belt. At the end of the belt, the bag would be put in a pneumatic tube and be delivered, by air pressure, to various repair hangers on the base. I loved that job. Here is a 1983 article on EAL.

https://books.google.com/books?id=1g...nes%22&f=false

I still have one of the EAL parts catalogs. I was fired in 1986 as a part of the system wide crack down on union shop stewards.
    Took my lawsuit all the way to SCOTUS and all I found there was BOHICA.

Anyway I loved the challenge of learning all the input codes / phrases to retrieve information.

Bruce Toski
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida