Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IBM 360 with additional era equipment

Default IBM 360 with additional era equipment

Greetings! My neighbor unfortunately just passed away and he was an amazing guy. He has an IBM 360 in his basement and I am trying to help his family sell it. Does anyone have any interest? I have attached pictures and the computer itself is in North Carolina. He has a disk drive also. Please let me know and God bless you! SteveIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1883.jpgIMG_1884.jpgIMG_1885.jpgIMG_1886.jpgIMG_1888.jpgIMG_1891.jpgIMG_1893.jpg

Blog Entries

Looks like a Model 30 to me with a 2311 drive. Definitely a museum piece.

I'm sure you'll get inquiries. S/360s aren't all that common in the wild.

One party on your end of the country that might be interested is the Rhode Island Computer Museum - wouldn't hurt to drop them a line.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

PM sent; this is exactly up the Corestore's street!

Mike

Blog Entries

A pretty rare event, seeing a new bit of 360 pieces like that. Hope it finds a good home.
    b
    @ BillDeg:
    Web: vintagecomputer.net
    Twitter: @billdeg
    Youtube: @billdeg
    Unauthorized Bio

I apologize for the quality of the pictures and for the limited amount of information I have provided. I really didn't expect there to be so much interest. Our neighbors will be back in a couple of weeks and I will quantify the pieces, get good photos and get an idea of the documentation he had. There were a lot of manuals laying around, again I apologize that I didn't pay more attention. I have talked with the folks and they would like to sell it outright, not really donate it to a museum. It would help fix up the house that is a bit of a mess. Thanks again - please let me know if you have any questions in the mean time and i will be back here with more info in a couple of weeks. Thanks again everyone for your support and interest and God bless you all, Steve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corestore.org View Post
    PM sent; this is exactly up the Corestore's street!

Mike
    You better make a video of this if you pull through. Your youtube has been lacking for years.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Looks like a Model 30 to me with a 2311 drive.I'm sure you'll get inquiries. S/360s aren't all that common in the wild.
    That control panel is the same as the 360 Model 30 control panel in the RICM connection, and the same as used in the AMC Mad Men show.
    Member of the Rhode Island Computer Museum
    http://www.ricomputermuseum.org

wow! I too hope this ends up in a museum. My group Save the Machine (savethemachine.org) is located in western NC (Hickory, NC area) and would be interested if none of the larger museums are able to take it.

Please contact me, Cynde Moya, Librarian/Archivist at the Living Computer Museum cyndem@livingcomputermuseum.org to discuss price. Thank you.