Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FS: XT-IDE rev 3 Boards, Kits, and Assembled Units

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    If you want originality in your system then you should be using MFM hard disk and controller!!
    Either that or no HD and two floppies!!!
    ☞ If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale. ☆

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen ☆
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. ☆

Lo-tech 8-bit IDE adapter is green... And faster too

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    Just buy it, put it together and quit worrying about the freaking color. This is a quality product that works great. Color makes NO difference to the performance. If you want originality in your system then you should be using MFM hard disk and controller!!
    Of course, the important thing is that it works and that solves our problems but mine was just a joke but I see that in many if they are taken in bad...

Quote Originally Posted by pearce_jj View Post
    Lo-tech 8-bit IDE adapter is green... And faster too
    It's certainly green, but how's it faster? Meaning the default "Chuck Mod" mode?
    Check out The Glitch Works | My Retro Projects | Vintage Computer Services

Still looking for a BYT-8, any condition.

Kind of, but for writes as well. There is optimised REP INSW code for V20 equipped machines in the XUB.

Edit: I answer myself, BIOS is obviously empty
    Just a minor problem, the kit comes with a pair of 12K resistors when suposedly (by looking the PCB), 10K resistors are needed. Is it intended?.
    At least it has worked with 10K resistors; so definitely seems that these 12K resistor were a packaging error. @glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by jltursan View Post
    At least it has worked with 10K resistors; so definitely seems that these 12K resistor were a packaging error. @glitch?
    No error, you can use any value from 2.2K - 47K. I included 12K in some of the kits, 10K in others. Just depends on whether Amy or I packed the kit The 10Ks were either 5% carbon film or 1% Dale RN55 mil-spec resistors, I think the 12Ks were all 5% metal film. Some of the assembled boards use 4.64K, some use 10K, some use 12K. It's just a pull-up so the value is totally noncritical.

Likewise, the 470 Ohm resistor is just a current limiter for the LEDs, though all of the kits have shipped with 470 Ohm resistors. Some are 5% green metal film, some are 5% tan carbon film, and some are 1% blue metal film.
    Last edited by glitch; July 31st, 2016 at 01:03 PM.

Just wanted to note that we're in the middle of moving out of our apartment and into a house -- I'm trying to stay on top of shipping but it may take as much as 3-4 days for me to get your package out. I've got all of the XT-IDE rev 3 stuff set out so it won't get mixed in with the general packing/moving.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    No error, you can use any value from 2.2K - 47K. I included 12K in some of the kits, 10K in others. Just depends on whether Amy or I packed the kit The 10Ks were either 5% carbon film or 1% Dale RN55 mil-spec resistors, I think the 12Ks were all 5% metal film. Some of the assembled boards use 4.64K, some use 10K, some use 12K. It's just a pull-up so the value is totally noncritical.

Likewise, the 470 Ohm resistor is just a current limiter for the LEDs, though all of the kits have shipped with 470 Ohm resistors. Some are 5% green metal film, some are 5% tan carbon film, and some are 1% blue metal film.
    Ok, thanks glitch!, good to know that there's such a wider range of values accepted.

Btw, great work with the v3!, is working nicely with a 1GB CF. No real problems (I struggled a bit with the flashing procedure at first) in the PC-1640 until now.

Just ordered 100 more bare boards, should mean that boards, kits, and assembled units are available for a while

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345