Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A very unsual request to run a small program on a pdp made before 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Al K would know of the current state of these things.
    LCM's 6500 is the only machine that would probably qualify. I suspect they're going to get hammered with requests.

Blog Entries

Was the 6500 ever referred to as a "supercomputer"? IIRC, that tag only applied to the 6600, 6700 and 7600.

Blog Entries

Was not WOPR (War Operation Plan Response) 1983 a supercomputer?

BTW, ENIAC did 5,000 calculations per second in 1945. Nothing else was close.
    Obviously colossus was better though, being British

Same scavenger hunt has a more obtainable quest: To have an animated version of the host mascot on an old home PC. Specifically: "Create a program to display an animation of a GISHWHES mascot using a TRS-80, Apple II, Commodore PET, or Commodore 64. You may not use an emulator. You must use the actual hardware, and the video must show the graphics playing on the screen of the computer in question."

This by Saturday, the opening day of VCF West XI.

Does anyone want to be a hero to these folks?

BTW, the mascot looks like a kangaroo with a seal's head as seen atop the page at: http://www.gishwhes.com/

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Same scavenger hunt has a more obtainable quest: To have an animated version of the host mascot on an old home PC. Specifically: "Create a program to display an animation of a GISHWHES mascot using a TRS-80, Apple II, Commodore PET, or Commodore 64. You may not use an emulator. You must use the actual hardware, and the video must show the graphics playing on the screen of the computer in question."

This by Saturday, the opening day of VCF West XI.

Does anyone want to be a hero to these folks?

BTW, the mascot looks like a kangaroo with a seal's head as seen atop the page at: http://www.gishwhes.com/

Good luck!
    Hello! I put out the request to Erik for this item (my team is also looking for the initial request in this thread, but that one is very doubtful). If you believe you might be able to help me, please contact me at kelseypow@gmail.com as soon as possible. Thank you!!

Hello! I have also been in contact with Erik who kindly directed me to this forum. I am also looking for a hero to help my Gishwhes team create an animation of our Slangaroo. If anyone would kindly help my email is Williams41744@gmail.com