Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utah Vintage Computer Enthusiasts

We'll probably do another meetup in January after all the holidays are over and people have had a chance to recover a little bit . I do have heat at the warehouse but it can still be a little chilly depending on weather conditions. If it's too cold, I'll defer to later, or we can meet somewhere else. It doesn't have to be my warehouse to meet up, it's just an easy place full of lots of vintage computer toys

Just a reminder that we'll be meeting on Thursday, Nov. 17th, at 7 PM at the Computer Graphics Museum warehouse.

Google maps link

The address is 653 S. State Street, Salt Lake City. The entrance to the Computer Graphics Museum warehouse is on the north side of the building. You can park in the adjacent parking lot. The Bayou restaurant/bar is next door if you want to have dinner there first. They have Cajun cuisine. I like the Chipotle Hummus w/fresh baked pita bread and the Crawfish Etouffe.

How did the November meeting go? Did you folks plan a second meeting or work out another forum for collaboration? I was looking forward to catching a meeting.

The meeting went great, even though I hadn't gotten the heater turned on yet and it got a little chilly at the end. The heat's on now, but it is a warehouse afterall, so creature comforts are not what this place provides. I suggested that we next meet at some point in the spring when it is warming up but not yet hot.

Quote Originally Posted by legalize View Post
    The meeting went great, even though I hadn't gotten the heater turned on yet and it got a little chilly at the end. The heat's on now, but it is a warehouse afterall, so creature comforts are not what this place provides. I suggested that we next meet at some point in the spring when it is warming up but not yet hot.
    Thank you for the tour!

I had fun meeting you and John.

Btw, for others not there. I brought Jon Titus along with me, and my Mark 8, and J11 breadboard. Was a great start. I hope we can find more enthusists in the area.

Chers,

Len

The weather is getting warm but not yet hot. I've got a tentative meetup with a local teletype enthusiast and we're going to go through 6 teletypes I rescued from the defunct US Worst/Qworst/Century Stink telecommunication museum. We're going to give some of those a test drive and possibly mess around with some other teletypes I have in the museum warehouse. I propose we combine this with a general hangout session for anyone who is interested. I'll clear off some bench space for show and tell of Len's LSI-11 single board and whatever else anyone might want to bring over. I'll generally be treating this as a work session on testing the teletypes but other folks are free to just hang out and chat or whatever.

I'll post a separate thread when I've figured out a date and time.