Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tandy 2500 SX/20 and Tandy 4825 SX restoration thread

Could you provide a little more detail about the CPU you upgraded to?

The manual of my 4825 SX says you can only upgrade to a 486DX2, were you able to get a DX4 working? Is your AMD 3V or 5V?

Thanks for the write up!

Thanks to acadiel for this link showing the Evergreen CPU upgrade he was talking about.

http://www.cpushack.com/UpgradeProcessors.html

I had no idea these things existed!

acadiel,

I was just wondering. Have you had any luck with the Video DRAM?

I'm looking to soup up my 2500 SX/20. I see the same 256kx16 on ebay, but not anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by drall View Post
    acadiel,

I was just wondering. Have you had any luck with the Video DRAM?

I'm looking to soup up my 2500 SX/20. I see the same 256kx16 on ebay, but not anything else.
    Nope, I haven't found any zip chips that work yet. Those things are fun to plug in as well.

I found a doc on the wayback machine that says that the ram is SRAM? have you found any chips that work? I'm asking for me It's the last upgrade needed for my Tandy 2500SX/20

had a goofball idea... gonna actually try to contact Tandy/radioshack(whatever they have become) and see if they can explain what the durn specs are for the video memory upgrade

:P

Quote Originally Posted by kb2syd View Post
    Umm, holy crap? I've been googling this stupid part number for like a week now and nothing :P thank you!
    I'll post here if it works(and hey, apparently I'll have 8 of the durn things to get rid of, so if anyone needs a couple, lemme know, cheep! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by MindParadox View Post
    Umm, holy crap? I've been googling this stupid part number for like a week now and nothing :P thank you!
    I'll post here if it works(and hey, apparently I'll have 8 of the durn things to get rid of, so if anyone needs a couple, lemme know, cheep! :P)
    I'm in for them to get mine upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by MindParadox View Post
    Did they work? I gave up on this.