Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel P8021H 2173 / Mac M0110A Keyboard

Well the cheapest I've found is $15. And an EPROM flasher kit is $15. So I'm not sure the logic evinces a clear-cut option in my situation. (Unless you know of a cheaper option?)

Quote Originally Posted by raoulduke View Post
    Well the cheapest I've found is $15. And an EPROM flasher kit is $15. So I'm not sure the logic evinces a clear-cut option in my situation. (Unless you know of a cheaper option?)
    there is no flashable pin-compatible version of the 8021
    just send me your address, and I'll send you a keyboard pcb
    which style do you have, w or w/o keypad?

I was concerned about the pinout; but I assumed there'd be some option. Either way that'd be amazing. I have the original keyboard (M0110 I think) without the num pad. I'll send you a PM. I really appreciate it.

Al Kossow, did I misunderstand you? I sent you a PM a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by raoulduke View Post
    Al Kossow, did I misunderstand you? I sent you a PM a while ago.
    I'll try to get it mailed this week

Fantastic - I didn't mean to hassle you; I just thought I might have misunderstood. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Hi All,

I thought about starting a new thread but figured it was best to just use this one to keep the place organized.

Anyway, have a keyboard for my Mac 512k that apparently has a bad chip. I saw some previous discussions on this chip (including this thread) where people were wondering about a way to work around this chip, but it looks like in the end they found a replacement instead. Considering that the m0110 keyboards are currently listed for overpriced amounts, just replacing the keyboard seems unlikely. So, just thought i'd check if anyone has since then found a way to use another chip (programmable or otherwise) to make these work?

I'm assuming the answer is still no, but thought i'd ask anyway.

Thanks!
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).

To my knowledge, there was never a user programmable 8021. They were mask programmed.
    They were generically similar to the 8048 that did have a 8748( internal ERPOM programmable ). 8048s could also be used with an external EPROM but that reduced the number of I/O pins without using special external circuits to replace the missing I/O. The pin outs are of course different. I don't see why one with enough ambition couldn't make a Blue Pill with a wired adapter replace a 8021. There was nothing special about the 8021. It was just a micro controller.
    It is not on my list of things to do but I see no reason to think it can't be done.
    Dwight

Thanks Dwight. Like everyone else, I guess I won't be pursing this at this time. I went with a friend to look at a garage full of computer equipment yesterday and among other things, the guy had a box full of M0110A keyboards (4 good and 1 working but missing a bunch of keys). I tested them all and they seem to work so i'm just going to use two of those for my 512k and Mac+ and give the other two full ones to another friend who needs keyboards as well. I'd still like to look into getting the other one working at some point but I guess it's a lower priority now. I'll just put it in a box and maybe one day someone will come up with a solution.
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).