Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Scientific 560Z (PDP-8) Board Clone?

Default Ohio Scientific 560Z (PDP-8) Board Clone?

Does anyone know if someone has already cloned the OSI 560Z board? This is the CPU Expander that allows you to have a Z80 and Intersil IM-6100 (PDP-8 on a chip). There's one in a lot of boards I may purchase, and part of what I'm willing to spend on that is in preserving the 560Z artwork. I only know of one built out and being used, and its owner won't let me take it apart to clone it :P

I assume people would want these if I cloned them, right? I'd send it off to Mile High Test as I did with the OSI 495 prototype board.
    Check out The Glitch Works | My Retro Projects | Vintage Computer Services

Still looking for a BYT-8, any condition.

I might jump in on that one. Still have some money leftover from the Mark-8 auction. I really just want the backplane to get a correct setup for my 500 and 440 boards (and now I have an OSI keyboard). I tried to persuade the seller to sell separately but he wouldn't go for it.

I'll be selling off most of the other boards in there (might keep the card extender), so you're welcome to buy the backplane off me separately -- I'll make you a good deal. No need to drive the price up to get what you want

For that matter, I'll probably be selling the original 560Z board once scans are complete -- I have no problem with building/using a reproduction, and I'm not really a *collector* so aside from the utility of copying it, an original doesn't much matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    I'll be selling off most of the other boards in there (might keep the card extender), so you're welcome to buy the backplane off me separately -- I'll make you a good deal. No need to drive the price up to get what you want

For that matter, I'll probably be selling the original 560Z board once scans are complete -- I have no problem with building/using a reproduction, and I'm not really a *collector* so aside from the utility of copying it, an original doesn't much matter to me.
    Sound like we are going to beat each other up on this one, I to will replicate the 560z and add them to my original blank boards if I win

Quote Originally Posted by Klyball View Post
    Sound like we are going to beat each other up on this one, I to will replicate the 560z and add them to my original blank boards if I win
    I'll be reselling it after scanning, so if you're wanting the original you can just buy it off me if you like.

Did one of you guys win?

not me, hopfully glitch or someone we know

Got 'em!

Whew! That's a relief. I was beginning to feel regret for not bidding, but now I'm glad I didn't drive up the price.

Dave

Boards arrived over the weekend, it's a good thing they're getting copied because these things are pretty rough! I'm guessing they either sat in the bottom of a box of forgotten projects with many heavy items on top of them, or were in a box of scrap. There's corrosion and some "so deep they cut traces" abrasions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast