Image Map Image Map

Thread: during my declutter located some old keyboards. Like to know more about them

Blog Entries

Question during my declutter located some old keyboards. Like to know more about them

During my declutter located some old keyboards.

I am posting pics in hope someone here can identify what they are off and also if there is someone that is desperate for one to get a machine going. then PM me. I am likely to offer them for sale if I cannot find use for them on any of my old machines.

Pics as follows

1st one is a Burrough's p.n 2476.8491

and it is missing a main chip. No marking to indicate what chip could be

Blog Entries

Second keyboard

3rd and 4th one.. The sagem one I think is off a telex machine, if I recall. I just realized that as I posted pic,

Blog Entries

The last is probably 5-level baudot, given the lack of shift and limited special characters. So as you say, telex/twx or 5-level TTY (e.g. TDD).

In case anyone else stumbles by this page and wonders:

1) I donít know what the machine was, but the switches appear to be some heretofore unseen Clare-Pendar reed type, similar to Series S830, but single pole only (they will say on them what series they are). (Electromech might be able to find the catalogue page for them if the series name can be obtained.)

2) The switches are bog standard Key Tronic foam and foil; that is all I know.

3) From the keycap shape, legend typeface and colour scheme, this looks to be Facit; compare the Facit 8100 and 1850 typewriters. However, I cannot find anything that matches this specific keyboard. The only switches I know from that kind of era with a transparent shell is some Oak type, but those have a wholly transparent shell, so these would have to be examined more closely.

4) This is from a SAGEM TX20 teleprinter, in a less common beige and brown colour scheme, as you can see here: https://www.telemuseum.org/teleprinters.html; the switches appear to be Clare SF high-profile reed (from that angle it doesnít seem like there is quite enough space between the PCB and mounting plate for switches that tall, but I guess there must be).

Blog Entries

Hi again.
    I have been trying to do some cleaning up and think I can get to the upper shelf where there were stored by 2nd April 2109, so hopefully can post some more pics to answer the questions posed

The Burroughs keyboard looks like it's from a small B or L series although a few keys seem to be missing; I suspect that even if you found a number for that IC you'd have a pretty hard time finding the actual chip. They used Hall effect switches in many of their keyboards but that looks like a different technology.

http://www.picklesnet.com/burroughs/...e/burr0052.jpg