Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seen: AT&T 6300 Mouse

Blog Entries

Default Seen: AT&T 6300 Mouse

Not my auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232191541445

This is a reasonable price for a brand new AT&T mouse (connects to keyboard, has 9-pin connector) with software and materials.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775 or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

With well over 5 days to go the question is whether the price will remain reasonable.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

I think it might, since it's been relisted a few times. I would get it myself except I don't want to own more 6300 mice than 6300 system units (cash flow problem, as always
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I own a 3 button AT&T mouse, wasn't aware there was a 2 button version as well. Do you know if this was sold before or after the three button model, or if they were sold alongside each other as different options for the system?
    -Marcoguy

Blog Entries

The Logitech one I have is 3-button, but the first 6300 mouse was 2-button. The Draw/Writer software that came with it shows a diagram with two buttons.
    Offering a bounty for:

I read these messages here. I assume a standard Microsoft serial mouse will not work through the keyboard port. Is that correct?

Blog Entries

Correct, the signaling is different.
    Offering a bounty for:

Blog Entries

I believe that the AT&T mouse is a simple quadrature affair (sends X- and Y- encoder signals) much like the Atari ST (and others) mouse. No intelligence whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I believe that the AT&T mouse is a simple quadrature affair (sends X- and Y- encoder signals) much like the Atari ST (and others) mouse. No intelligence whatsoever.
    Which in that case is essentially a BUS mouse.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater

10. Default

I have seen Logitech p7 mice on eBay, however, each are showing a din plug. There is a din to serial connector, however, after reading Chuek(G)'s input. I am wondering if these are or are not cappatiable. Also, I did have a MS bus mouse that interferred with the video, so it was removed. I wanted a mouse to work with a plan to use MS windows 3.0 on the system. Any comments appreciated.