Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seen: AT&T 6300 Mouse

1. Default

<Is your Bocaram XT card installed and setup, and loading the driver that providdes EMS memory?> Yes, please observe the picture below. I have already disabled the QRAM. The use of the QRAM was basically following, lambda84 lead. He used it to configure two Boca XT cards with about 2.5 MB of added RAM to his machine.

Thank you for the switch link regarding the Boca Card. I found that earlier in my search for the Boca XT manual.

AT&T 6300 link written about in the earlier posting.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-Model-...2604%7Ciid%3A1

IMG_3093_1.jpg

Blog Entries

Based on your screenshot, it looks like your EMS is set up properly. You should be good to install Windows 3.0 and give it a run. You'd pick the EGA or VGA graphics driver, the M24 keyboard, and the M24 mouse (if you have it, if not a serial mouse). Installation goes much quicker if you put every file from every installation disk into c:\temp or something and run setup.exe from there.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775 or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

3. Default

Trixter: I noticed that during your install of Windows 3 on your machine, you used your AT&T monochrome monitor. I mentioned in another post my monitor wasn't good. I was wondering if you knew anyone who could look at and possibly repair the AT&T monitor?

Blog Entries

Monitor repair is a topic for another thread.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

5. Default

I installed Windows 3.0 today. It installed fairly well. I received the Logitech P7 Mouse and connected it to the keyboard. During the install of Windows 3.0 the operating system detected my Boca ram card and installed a 1990 version of himen.sys. When I reboot the AT&T the himen gives an error seeking an XMS.sys file. I don't have that and I don't know where I would find it to match the himem.sys dated file. Winworld is whee I downloaded the Windows 3.0 OS. However, I don't know if they would have the xms.sys file being desired by the himem.sys file.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alejack12001 View Post
    I installed Windows 3.0 today. It installed fairly well. I received the Logitech P7 Mouse and connected it to the keyboard. During the install of Windows 3.0 the operating system detected my Boca ram card and installed a 1990 version of himen.sys. When I reboot the AT&T the himen gives an error seeking an XMS.sys file. I don't have that and I don't know where I would find it to match the himem.sys dated file. Winworld is whee I downloaded the Windows 3.0 OS. However, I don't know if they would have the xms.sys file being desired by the himem.sys file.
    Please Ignore this message as I didn't know what I was thinking. I have already removed the himem.sys from the config.sys file. Thanks. What mouse is used from Windows 3.0. The selections were Logitech were serial and bus. Mine is Logitech serial however the system is not showing a mouse pointer. It's more like a highlighter than the actions of a mouse.

Blog Entries

The version of Windows 3.0 I successfully tested was 3.0a, 5.25" 360k version at https://winworldpc.com/download/ac9f...f-fa163e9022f0
    It didn't ask me to install xms or himem or anything.

You may want to load the 6300 mouse driver and ensure that the mouse connected to the keyboard is actually working before you reboot (to unload the mouse driver) and install windows.
    Offering a bounty for: