Image Map Image Map

Thread: Mac LC 575

Default Mac LC 575

Greetings! This I am writing to find more about my Macintosh LC 575. My knowledge is limited to; A: The business model of the 575 is called the Peforma 575. B: The location I received it from apparently had a huge stockpile of these things. They have probably thrown all of them away by now. (It was a school) And C: Some nitwit stuck a foreign object (such as a cookie or a piece of paper) in the built in FDD. It doesn't even let the disks enter because the drive moved. It also has a CD/DVD drive which works fine for media, but stutters with music. It also has a few games such as: Helicopter Lander, Factory, A clone of asteroids and some other games. It also has a few teaching and productivity applications such as a calendar, test score form creator, and a word processor. Once again, if anyone knows about any info about this system, please reply to this thread.

Best Regards,
    Owen Stevens

040 based 33mhz CPU, probably a 2x CD-ROM. Should support up to MacOS 8.1. LC expansion slot which you can use to add ethernet if it doesn't already have it.

The Performa line was actually targetted more at home and non-professional consumer users as "budget" versions. The 575 is a decent 68K, though. You can find out what OS it's running from the Apple menu and select About This Macintosh.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

OK! Thanks for the help!

That link wants a Google sign-in.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

I get a 404 with that link

Whoops. I forgot about that stupid sign in thing. I will try again.

Blog Entries

It works for me.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Something you may not have noticed is that it has a Trinitron CRT. The 575 is the best of the 68k all-in-ones. There was a later model (the LC580) but it changed the hard drive interface to IDE and lost the Trinitron CRT for a ordinary shadow mask tube. They have a 68LC040 (no FPU) but you can swap the processor for a full '040 if you wish.