Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Looking for Toshiba T3100e floppy disks.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2

    Default Looking for Toshiba T3100e floppy disks.

    Hi,

    I'd like to restore my Toshiba T3100e to it's factory state, but don't have the associated floppy disks. It's currently running MS-DOS (Toshiba version) 4.0.

    If anyone has the disks and are willing to make copies, I'd be happy to pay for media and postage.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,640

    Default

    Welcome to these forums.

    According to the T3100e flyer at [here], the T3100e was supplied with DOS 4.01, with 3.3 being an option.
    The Toshiba document at [here] also indicates 3.3 and 4.01 for the T3100e.
    Are you seeking DOS 4.01 (Toshiba version) floppies ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2

    Default T3100e floppies.

    Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    Welcome to these forums.

    According to the T3100e flyer at [here], the T3100e was supplied with DOS 4.01, with 3.3 being an option.
    The Toshiba document at [here] also indicates 3.3 and 4.01 for the T3100e.
    Are you seeking DOS 4.01 (Toshiba version) floppies ?
    Thank you for your reply to my post. Yes, I am seeking the DOS 4.01 (Toshiba version) floppies. I have recently acquired a T3100e, and would like to wipe the hard drive and restore it to it's factory state.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto ON Canada
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris42 View Post
    Thank you for your reply to my post. Yes, I am seeking the DOS 4.01 (Toshiba version) floppies. I have recently acquired a T3100e, and would like to wipe the hard drive and restore it to it's factory state.
    I've got a 3100e that I bought brand new, so I should have the manual and disks somewhere; can you make disks from an image and if so, what imaging program?

    Send me a PM.

    FWIW I dumped 4.01 and use 6.22 instead.

    m

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto ON Canada
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    While I'm looking for those disks you might find this thread interesting:

    http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...Memory-Upgrade

    m

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,640

    Default

    720K sized images can be found via a Google search using: MS-DOS 4.01 Toshiba

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto ON Canada
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    720K sized images can be found via a Google search using: MS-DOS 4.01 Toshiba
    Just found mine, but looks like you're da man as usual!

    If/when I find the user manual, is it already on line somewhere?

    m

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    If/when I find the user manual, is it already on line somewhere?
    I haven't seen it, but then, I have not spent the half hour that is sometimes required to find things online.
    Some links that I see for a Toshiba laptop user manual is actually pointing to the maintenance manual.
    If you are willing to scan the manual, I will host it at [here].

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •