Image Map Image Map

Thread: CBM-Command - How to open the second panel?

Default CBM-Command - How to open the second panel?

I'm hoping to use CBMCommand to copy files from a petSD+ to my 8050. From the docs I don't think it can copy entire 8050 disks, but it should be able to copy files... stop me now if anyone knows that doesn't work!

In any event, I'm stuck pretty early - I don't know how to move between panels (top/bottom) or even how to open the second panel. I can change what drive the top panel is looking at, but cursor left-right does NOT move me to the bottom panel.

It starts up with the top panel populated (with Device 10 contents) but I have no idea how to load anything into the bottom panel, which I'd need to do in order to copy from one to the other...

Can anyone Kickstart me a little?

Thanks!
    Dave

I've never used it (never even heard of it till now). But have you seen the YouTube demo? It looks pretty informative.

Be polite and I may let you live.

Turns out you need to use D and SHIFT-D to populate the panels first. Not exactly intuitive, and not in the docs that I read... but it worked great for me once I did that!

I was able to get CBMCommand on my PET as follows:

- Mounted .D80 virtual disk as Drive 9 on the PET emulator (WinVICE)
    - Mounted SD card as virtual disk Drive 8
    - Ran CBMCommand from the D80 image
    - Used CBMCommand to copy the contents of the D80 image to the SD card
    - Put the SD card into the petSD+ on the real PET
    - Ran CBMCommand on the real PET from the petSD+
    - Used it to copy CBMCommand to a normal 8050 floppy

Now that I have CBMCommand running on the real PET it'll be easier to copy things off the petSD+, so it should be helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by davepl1968 View Post
    Turns out you need to use D and SHIFT-D to populate the panels first. Not exactly intuitive, and not in the docs that I read... but it worked great for me once I did that!
    Ah, thanks for that information! I had the same problem as davepl1968.

Writing from Cozumel, Mexico,
    Robert Bernardo
    Fresno Commodore User Group
    http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm