Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEAC 3.5" Drives NOS

Default TEAC 3.5" Drives NOS

TEAC FD-235HF NOS Drives $15 shipped.

Blog Entries

What's the PCB rev--i.e., the drive will be labeled FD-235HF-xxxx; that xxxx can make a lot of difference in configurability.

Thanks,
    Chuck

b
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    What's the PCB rev--i.e., the drive will be labeled FD-235HF-xxxx; that xxxx can make a lot of difference in configurability.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Chuck,

Can you please expand on this? I.E. Would most ordinary users planning on using one of these drives on a PC compatible care about this configurability or is this more for specialized uses and users? TIA!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

I can give an example. I'd like to put one in my Color Computer 3, but only certain versions work with the drive: http://www.coco3.com/community/2009/...floppy-drives/

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    I can give an example. I'd like to put one in my Color Computer 3, but only certain versions work with the drive: http://www.coco3.com/community/2009/...floppy-drives/
    Tempest,

Right I understand for certain applications this may be useful. I was wondering if for those of us planning on using this in a PC compatible if it would make a difference.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post

Thanks,
    Chuck
    l'll get that info on here once I get it...

Blog Entries

Probably unimportant for PC use, but for uses on non-PCs, configurability can be very important.

Are these drives white/beige faced or black? Might be looking for a couple of black ones to match my cases.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Looking for Samsung Sens Pro Laptop's (500, 520,800,820) and accessories, specifically a docking station.

Quote Originally Posted by salamontagne View Post
    Are these drives white/beige faced or black? Might be looking for a couple of black ones to match my cases.
    They are white.

10. Default

How many do you have, and do they have two or four drive select line jumpers?