Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magnavox HeadStart 386sx

Hm. Anybody has a copy of the Win 3.11 drivers for a 3Com 3C509 Ethernet NIC?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipA View Post
    Hm. Anybody has a copy of the Win 3.11 drivers for a 3Com 3C509 Ethernet NIC?

Phil
    You "may" be able to find them here (never needed them):

http://files.mpoli.fi/hardware/NET/3COM/

Thanks

That didn't show up in any of the search results I tried.

Now I'm feeling stupid. I have the driver and the .inf file for it, but Windows refuses to install the device, as a device. Age, memory and time in general is conspiring against me.

Okay, so I picked everything up for a while, it's now set up back on the desk in a nice neat location (desk looks made for it!).

I've gotten everything up and running in DOS, including mTCP, running the Crynwr packet drivers. That all works just great. I decided to go back to WFW3.11 and see what was up with it.

I feel like something's not quite right- I've got a 3C509 plugged in, I pulled up the 3Com NDIS drivers, but when I go to install them, the window says to select the directory where the drivers reside. I select the directory, it finds the oemsetup.inf file.. then immediately backs up to asking for the location of the files again. I'm guessing this is mostly user error and I should know better but I'm a bit stuck. Has anybody else run into problems using a 3C509?

Thanks, and sorry for the nonsense questions but I've become stuck and Google has run dry of inspiration...

--Phil

Got set up with a more appropriate screen and speakers.

Arachne runs reasonably well in DOS, that's been a bit of fun. Got a 387-SX co-processor on order. Just running Norton there because Speed Disk found a couple lost chains- that'll be where it locked up the other day and I had to pull the power cord..

--Phil

I picked one of these up off eBay, as it closely approximated the performance of my first PC, a 386sx 16 from Zeos. I've since upgraded the Magnavox to 8MB of ram, added a 80387sx co-processor and a Diamond Speedstar 64 graphics card. I should be adding a Yamaha 718 chipset sound board and a Dreamblaster S2 Waveblaster compatible synth. Currently looking for a MPU-401 isa interface card & box to hook up a Roland MT-32 LA Synth. I would love to relive a lot of the old Sierra and Lucasarts games.

If you have images of any of the driver disks that went with this system that could be posted somewhere, I would appreciate it. System came without any of the utilities/drivers and I am limited in what I can do with it until I can track those down.20170916_155122.jpg

No, the system I have came with no discs, unfortunately. Everything that's inside this one (barring the Philips CD-ROM drivers, which I have a copy of on the hard drive if you need) is running with generic drivers sourced from the Internet.

--Phil