Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New here and a lot of questions about Commodore PET (2001 and 8032)

Yes, a TV repairman is much more likely to solve this problem than most anyone dealing normally with computer hardware.

Bert, your Englisch may be besser than mein!
    Be polite and I may let you live.

I'm sure I'm repeating information here, but just in case you still haven't heard the message: please be very careful inside the monitor. There are some dangerous voltages there.

No user serviceable parts inside. Pilot lamp soldered in place.

For all readers:

Try finding a TV repairman who is able to repair an old monitor/tv with a CRT. I think they've al died now. I've contacted several commercial repair centres but they are not able to find me a repairman. Also shops that sell TV's can't repair the old CRT TV's. CRT is too old. The only TV's they can repair are the LCD types. I think they (the technicians) now how to replace a module in the TV because they connect a laptop to the TV and the laptop tells them what is faulty. Real repair men are very hard to find. Hope the man in Brussels can help me.

I am VERY carefull inside the monitor. I know there are very high voltages on the HV transformer en behind the rubber plug on the tube. I'm not messing with this stuff and I want to leave it to qualified technicians.

@KC9UDX
    Bert, your Englisch may be besser than mein!

I suppose you are German?

Quote Originally Posted by BertZonn View Post
    I suppose you are German?
    Only on Freitag.

BertZonn,

Even if you are never able to repair the monitor (and I think you probably will be able to find someone), I seem to remember that the PET 2001 could be fairly easily connected to an external composite/luma input on an external monitor / TV. I can't find the information anywhere, but I think it was a fairly simple interface connected to the user port. Does anyone know about this?

EDIT: here is one device:

http://www.dasarodesigns.com/product...t-video-mixer/

Quote Originally Posted by Ral-Clan View Post
    BertZonn,

Even if you are never able to repair the monitor (and I think you probably will be able to find someone), I seem to remember that the PET 2001 could be fairly easily connected to an external composite/luma input on an external monitor / TV. I can't find the information anywhere, but I think it was a fairly simple interface connected to the user port. Does anyone know about this?

EDIT: here is one device:

Hi Ral-Clan,

I've been to the website and I found it is a small circuitboard that is placed on the connector J7 on the PET motherboard. Normally the videoconnector for the monitor is connected to this connector.
    The circuitboard transforms the digital signal from the motherboard to a composite videosignal that can be used by any monitor with a composite video input. I think even a LCD television with a SCART connector will do.

I could not find any means of purchasing one of these boards on the website but I found an old listing on Ebay. I think however that they are out of stock.
    Anyway, the seller doesn't sell these boards anymore.

I am not able to make a board like this myself so I must find a seller.
    Hope I can fing one.

Here is a schematic to get composite video out of a PET

PET Composite Video.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bish500 View Post
    Here is a schematic to get composite video out of a PET

PET Composite Video.jpg
    Yes, that's the one I saw. I can't make it myself because I don't have the equipment for it. They used to be for sale on Ebay some time ago but not anymore.
    I wrote them an email hoping they can help me.

Bert

Apparently this is the person that produces the video mixer. There's no price listed on the website, but there is contact information. Perhaps you can write him an e-mail and ask if he has any available.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast