Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flushing the cache

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Throes.
    No, I meant they are physically tossing IE to it's death. Bill and Steve are on the roof now, with Satya is standing behind them with a knife...

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Blog Entries

I guess just about every has been covered in this thread; particularly politics . Any new or creative ideas on flushing caches?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I guess just about every has been covered in this thread; particularly politics . Any new or creative ideas on flushing caches?
    Not sure there is a more creative way to flush DNS cache other than ipconfig /flushDNS, if you are on a mac running OS X then you'd run sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder and I am not sure about the linux command to do it.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    No, I meant they are physically tossing IE to it's death. Bill and Steve are on the roof now, with Satya is standing behind them with a knife...
    OK but since I do occasionally listen to NPR, your grammar is still wrong.
    Be polite and I may let you live.

Blog Entries

I'm still having some problems with streaming FoxNewsGo. It seems I have to flush the cache each and every time I open the site. I log in via Google+ and it seems to work okay after the flush. I think there is a problem on the Fox network side judging by the number of complaints.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I'm still having some problems with streaming FoxNewsGo. It seems I have to flush the cache each and every time I open the site. I log in via Google+ and it seems to work okay after the flush. I think there is a problem on the Fox network side judging by the number of complaints.
    Try it in an incognito window. If the issue goes away then you'll need to look at deleting cookies and/or browsing history.

Blog Entries

Try it in an incognito window. If the issue goes away then you'll need to look at deleting cookies and/or browsing history.
    I'll give that one a shot.

Blog Entries

Ingog does work but you have to jump through some hoops. It requires you to logon through a provider; i.e. Directv, AT&T, etc. You won't be able to get in simply by clicking on a shortcut. Also, not a cookie problem, already been that route. I'm convinced it's a Fox problem by the number of people complaining about it. BTW, there's a host of 3rd party providers that will stream Fox news, but many are not in HD. Maybe it's just as easy to flip the tv on, but not nearly as convenient at times.

Don't know if it helps, firefox has a handy dns flusher extension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12