Image Map Image Map

Thread: System 80 Expansion (TRS80 Model I expansion clone) - Did you just buy one?

Default System 80 Expansion (TRS80 Model I expansion clone) - Did you just buy one?

After a few days without internet I just logged into my eBay account...

For the first time in 4 years I had a result in my System 80 expansion saved search; and I finally thought YES the waiting has paid off.

But as luck would have it the item was posted up on eBay two days ago. And yes someone has bought it. Why oh why does life do this to people. I have had internet for just about every single day over the last 4 years except earlier this week.....

I know it's a long shot but did someone on here buy it? If you did I would be very very interested in purchasing it off you
    System 80 Expansion Interface located! Thanks to all who helped out and the good people in the NZ vintage computer forums!

Ever hear of something called "Murphy's Law"....?

It's alive, well, and working overtime.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid6900 View Post
    Ever hear of something called "Murphy's Law"....?

It's alive, well, and working overtime.
    Your not wrong....

It's funny; there are a lot of rare things in the VC world. The irony is the rarest things are almost always for sale; they just command really high prices. Take for example the later VESA/PCI Tseng labs video cards. I waited probably 6 months to buy one; found one no problem and paid a reasonable but what people here would call 'high' price for it. I don't mind saving up for this sort of thing. The problem is these expansions are so rare that they almost never even come up for sale, let alone at any price. They probably only sold a few thousand worldwide and most people threw them out.

I should also add if you did buy the expansion I would be happy to net you a large profit with no effort. I don't care if it's working, not working, dirty, cracked case etc. I've got savings in the bank for such a thing and I was prepared to pay a lot more than it sold for on eBay...

Also feel free to let me know if you did buy it and don't want to sell. I guess it's some sort of consolation that it's going to a good home....
    Last edited by 3pcedev; February 17th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
    System 80 Expansion Interface located! Thanks to all who helped out and the good people in the NZ vintage computer forums!

I also Missed it Damn

Ray
    If it ain't Broke then PLEASE DONT fix it.
    Procrastinators Unite.
    I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.

The LNW80 is my unicorn. We all have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    The LNW80 is my unicorn. We all have them.
    I have a Dick Smith expansion interface, however I also recently purchased an LNW expansion unit, which is built like a tank by comparison to the low quality EACA units.

I am yet to connect it, however I do also have a TRS-80 to PMC-80/System 80/TRZ 80 adaptor, which I am hoping will work with a full expansion interface, as opposed to just a single peripheral.

Has anyone successfully used the PMC-80 adaptor (not made by EACA, designed and made stateside by PMC-80, the EACA distributor in the US) with an LNW expander?
    My Wish List: Vintage Mac SCSI->ETHERNET DaynaPORT LINK T DP0801 Manual, Make-It 486 (or other) 80286 upgrades, Hallock Systems gear / disk images, Copy II PC 'Enhanced' Option Board, Earth Computers ISA Z80 cards & TurboDOS disk. TRS-80 Model IV TurboDOS, Pulsar Little Big Board gear, Tandy Videotext Information System (VIS) for Model 16 Xenix