Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted Compaq LTE Lite & LTE/286 service manuals

Default Wanted Compaq LTE Lite & LTE/286 service manuals

I am looking for the service manuals for the Compaq LTE Lite and LTE/286 laptops. A link to download one or both of these would be highly appreciated!

Unregistered Guest

Default Compaq LTE 286

I have an LTE 286. Everything works except the floppy drive. The belt was bad, and I was able to temp one with a rubber band. The top (floating) head is bad. Because the CMOS battery had died, I'm not able to boot from the hard drive which is most likely working. I don't have any manuals, but I do have the really nice padded case, power supply and a battery. I don't know about the condition of the battery, but I'm sure it could be rebuilt.

I have some data I'd like to recover from the hard drive, but I need a working floppy drive. I'd be willing to GIVE this machine to anyone who can loan me a floppy drive so I can recover the data. I'll even kick in shipping both ways.

I can be reached at mattvann at suddenlink dot net.

Unregistered Guest

Default Technical Reference Guide

I have a ring binder version of the Technical Reference Guide for the Compaq LTE and LTE/286 Personal Computer. Is this of any use to anybody?

This forum can have GUEST posters? I didnt even realize that.

Compaqportabeplus, let me know what you come across Im still trying to find the correct voltages to make an ac adapter for my SLT 286