Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sage & Stride Users

Quote Originally Posted by dluck View Post
    I am in contact with Dave and I hope to have a working Sage IV running Idris soon. I'll ask him about the website disappearance.
    I'm pleased to report that the Sage and Stride collector website is now up and running again:

http://www.sageandstride.org

Great to read! Why is that? Looking forward to any updates there.

Quote Originally Posted by cfbsoftware View Post
    I'm pleased to report that the Sage and Stride collector website is now up and running again:

http://www.sageandstride.org
    That's great, thanks for all.

I have recently acquired a new set of disks for the SAGE which is different from the disk sets available from the website. If wanted, I could contribute the disk images.

Quote Originally Posted by spiceminer View Post
    I have recently acquired a new set of disks for the SAGE which is different from the disk sets available from the website. If wanted, I could contribute the disk images.
    I have designed several 680x0 computers recently and ported cpm68k to them. All they have are 680x0, DRAM, and serial ports. I wonder what additional hardware are required to run SAGE/Stride software?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmo View Post
    I have designed several 680x0 computers recently and ported cpm68k to them. All they have are 680x0, DRAM, and serial ports. I wonder what additional hardware are required to run SAGE/Stride software?
    Bill
    a upd765 based floppy interface and 2 intel 8253 times would be a minimum. Schematics for the Sage II / IV machines are available.
    Sage IV has an in-house developed MFM-harddisk interface.

Quote Originally Posted by jdreesen View Post
    a upd765 based floppy interface and 2 intel 8253 times would be a minimum. Schematics for the Sage II / IV machines are available.
    Sage IV has an in-house developed MFM-harddisk interface.
    My newly designed 680x0 hardware also have compact flash interface. The serial port device is 68681 which does have timers on chip, so If SAGE/Stride interface to hardware through CPM BIOS, then perhaps I can work around the specific floppy controller and timers. The big question is how video and keyboard were implemented. This is the area I may need specific hardware to be compatible.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmo View Post
    The big question is how video and keyboard were implemented. This is the area I may need specific hardware to be compatible.
    Bill
    Not implemented at all : these systems were intended to be used with (multiple !) ASCII terminals. And you will be rewriting a lot of stuff if you have different implementation for the serial channels, the FDC, the timers and so on...

There was a graphics board available "Pluto Board", but I have not found any schematics nor software for it until now.