Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S100 chassis & cards

Hi

I'm intrested in Alpha Micro cards, what cards do you have?

Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Well, if you need anything I've got a Z-2 power suipply (rear panel), a good assortment of cards and drives, as well as a CS-3, a CS-300 and several CS-1s and, as I've offered before, I can deliver

Strictly speaking, the Z-2H has the short backplane and an internal 8" IMI drive; is that what yours is?
    Save that for when we meet. I'm definitely interested. Also, my Z-2D is a "D" with the long backplane and the dual floppies. i don;t recall if it came with a full compliment of cards. I'll have the check on Monday.

Anyhow, back to Sarge_SWMI's original post...

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    Save that for when we meet. I'm definitely interested. Also, my Z-2D is a "D" with the long backplane and the dual floppies. i don;t recall if it came with a full compliment of cards. I'll have the check on Monday.

Anyhow, back to Sarge_SWMI's original post...
    Duh; where'd I read Z-2H...
    Yeah, sorry for the hijack; hope Sarge finds a home for his.

Default Suggestion

I would love to get your equipment but I am in Washington, DC and active with S-100 system. I also have a Cromemco Z-2D which I work to restore it.

I got it from eBay and had to pay 75 dollars for shipping from Texas. It arrived here and everything look great but no boards or two drives. I am sure anyone will buy yours at eBay and you need to give a reasonable start price.

I strongly suggest you if your unit sold and then you should bring to any UPS store. They will pack it for you at slight high charge but it is more safe for shipping. You do not have to pay for it but buyer must pay for packing cost.

Do not throw into the landfill... I can see so many people do that and really moron!

Hopefully, my suggest will be benefit for you! One more thing, make sure you use anti-static for boards and something good material for backplane. Both drives must insert a paper to secure heads during shipping. Let UPS handles at their responsible.

Good luck,
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_SWMI View Post
    Howdy, I have a Cromemco Z-2D, and 3 other S100 bus planes.
    The Z-2D is complete, but not powered up since ~1983 (new in 1977).
    Also have many Alpha Micro boards.

I'm way too busy to ever get back to playing with any of this.
    I'd prefer to get some money out of it.
    But, it's more important to go where it's appreciated.
    It'd be criminal for it to wind up in landfill.

If any serious interest, I'll inventory all & post exactly what's there.
    I'm in Kalamazoo, MI area and prefer pickup, but will box up & ship if necessary.

Hi, having shipped enough across 40+ yrs, I know the Z-2D, full built requires a crate (!!).
    I'd disassemble a lot before I'd consider packing, way too much grief for shipping.
    I'll consider offers of $ for object and me driving it how far.

My heirs won't know how (or whether) to do the best for this stuff (a shame).
    :: I ain't dying, but after 25+ yrs of walking around it, I need to find it a home.

Quote Originally Posted by sfeinsmi View Post
    I would love to get your equipment but I am in Washington, DC and active with S-100 system. I also have a Cromemco Z-2D which I work to restore it.

...It arrived here and everything look great but no boards or two drives...
    What do you need? I've got a pretty good supply of Cromemco boards.

m