Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hello from California

Default Hello from California

Hello, I am Wayne a 57 year old guy who has over the last few years decided to collect some of the computers that I either owned in the past or that I would have liked to if I could afford them.

I actually started collecting some older 8 bit Commodores back in the 90's, I had an SX64 and a 128D but I decided to concentrate on 80's and 90's 16 bit and 32 bit computers, I gave the old Commodores to my brother a few years back to make more room in my house. I don't have a very big house so I really only have room for a small collection, currently I have an Amiga A500, a NeXTStation Color and an Atari STE is coming soon, I also have a couple of PPC Macs that I originally bought to play with Morph OS.

A few of the computers that I would like to someday own are an Atari TT030, an Amiga 3000 or 4000and a NeXt Cube. I am retired now so I have to go easy and look for bargains or maybe stuff I might be able to repair myself to save money.

Welcome, Wayne, from a fellow 57-year-old Farte.

Took to focusing on portables & IBMs & Compaqs myself.

Thanks, I remember back in the mid 90's seeing lots of portables at the thrift stores around here, didn't have a lot a room to store them back then or I might have picked a few of them up.
    I have more storage room now that I have a separate building for a workshop.

Blog Entries

Some advice: don't retire! You may not be working a full-time job but don't stop using your brain and moving your body. I know because I hit the big 65. You won't age as fast. Stay young, my friend!
    Rick Ethridge

Welcome. You're not too far from a few of us. I'm in greater LA, as is NF6X.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

Thanks for the Welcome.