Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for Seattle Computer SCP-300 ROM

Default Looking for Seattle Computer SCP-300 ROM

All --

I was finally able to locate (after more than a year) a Seattle Computer SCP-300F CPU Support Board for a project I'm working on. The ROM label is "MON.86 v1.5 TDD" which I take to mean that it was compiled for the Tarbell DD floppy controller which of course I don't have; I have the Cromemco FDC16 controller. I do have the source for the V1.5 monitor so I guess I can try to recompile it with the right switch, but I first wanted to check if anyone had a dump of the correct ROM that they could send me.

Let me know. Thanks!

Rich

Rich, this is Chris Keegan. In the event you're looking for specifics to a Seattle Gazelle, contact the MARCH sig. I should think you would have specified that, but whatever. Jim Scheef eithet donated his Gazelle to the group, or still has it, or donated it somewhere else. Good luck.

Thanks Chris. I forgot that MARCH (or now, Vintage Computer Federation) had a Gazelle. I'm on-list there so I'll follow up.

On a side note, I re-compiled a version of the monitor for the Cromemco 16FDC and burned a new EPROM. The monitor seems to work fine, other than a random extra character when printing the banner (an accented "e") which I attribute to TeraTerm and extra LF characters in the code.

I have an IMD image of SCP-DOS 1.0 that I need to make into a workable disk; thinking of using a modified 1.2MB disk drive rather than 8" (as I do with my IMSAI system).

More to come.

Rich