Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video Genie to TRS 80 Expansion Interface

Default Video Genie to TRS 80 Expansion Interface

I have just finished restoring a Video Genie I.

Having seen a few pictures of owners using their Genie With TRS 80 Model 1 Expansion Interfaces i wonder if there is a how to out there already save me re-inventing the wheel.

Any help deeply appreciated.

Thx

Those over here who have used the TRS-80 EI with the System 80 make up a 50-40 adapter with a couple of gates. One key to success seems to be putting all the Ram in the System 80 and none in the EI, which cuts down on the traffic between the devices and makes the connection simpler/more reliable.

PMC also made a very rare adapter to achieve the same result. I had one which I gave to Pascal, but the tracks on it were too far corroded for accurate reproduction.

http://prof-80.fr/pcm-50-40-interface

Hope this helps,

Ian.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Cheers Ian

Somebody must have sketched the circuit somewhere i hope

Hello,
    I had begun to reproduce it.
    But that did not seem to interest anyone. If several people are interested I can resume the work. But this is difficult and requires several weeks of study due to corrosion.
    A+
    Pascal
    Bonjour,
    J'avais commencé à la reproduire.
    Mais cela ne semblait intéresser personne. Si plusieurs personnes sont intéressées, je peux reprendre les travaux. Mais c'est difficile et demande plusieurs semaines d'étude du fait de la corrosion.

I would defnitely be interested Please Pascal.

i'm sure Mr Mavric would too

Thx

I will try to do it in the next few weeks. I just found my draft and the map. The card has been modified if someone could send me more photos
    I have a video genius with broken door K7. If a person could help me repair my Genie video.
    A+
    Pascal
    Je vais essayer de la faire ces prochaines semaines. Je viens de retrouver mon ébauche et la carte. La carte a été modifiée si une personne pouvait m'envoyer d'autres photos
    J'ai un vidéo génie avec la porte K7 cassée. Si une personne pouvait me dépanner pour réparer mon vidéo Génie.

Pascal, Thank you so much, looks fantastic

What is wrong with your Genie, how can i help you?

It is the door of the cassette player that is broken. The door no longer remains in the closed position.

The PCM 40/50 card is going to be difficult, the card that Ian gave me had been modified and I am unable to know that they are the right changes
    For the moment I will copy everything, remove all modifications, clean the card, and test
    I hope I will find the solution, with pictures of a card that works the result would be safe and fast
    A+
    Pascal

c'est la porte du lecteur de cassettes qui est cassée. La porte ne reste plus dans la position fermée.

La carte PCM 40/50 va être difficile, la carte que m'a donné Ian avait été modifié et je suis incapable de savoir qu'elles sont les bonnes modifications
    Pour le moment je vais tout copier, retirer toutes les modifications, nettoyer la carte, et faire des essais
    J'espère que je trouverai la solution, avec des photos d'une carte qui fonctionne le résultat serait sûr et rapide