Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing and Running Quake Expansion Shrak

Quote Originally Posted by Grandcheapskate View Post
    I also have two later versions of QEMM which I have never tested - QEMM 8.0 and QEMM 97.
    Well, WTF are you waiting for! After all, it's not fine wine -- it doesn't get better with age.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Well, WTF are you waiting for! After all, it's not fine wine -- it doesn't get better with age.
    It's the old adage..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Unless and until I load a new DOS machine, there's no reason to update my existing machines. Plus, most times when I load a new DOS machine, I copy a lot of stuff from an existing DOS machine or an "install" CD...and that includes DOS and the QEMM software (along with a vanilla install of Windows 3.1).

Joe

As long as I have a Shrak thread, let me ask this question.

There is one point in the game where I need to make a jump. It's not a hard jump, but I cannot make it - I always come up short.

What I am wondering is...could this be at all related to the CPU (Cyrix 686) I am using? Is it possible the CPU could make a difference as how a game behaves in a situation like this?

I am trying to join a Quake forum, but it's taking forever to get activated.

Thanks...Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grandcheapskate View Post
    As long as I have a Shrak thread, let me ask this question.

There is one point in the game where I need to make a jump. It's not a hard jump, but I cannot make it - I always come up short.

What I am wondering is...could this be at all related to the CPU (Cyrix 686) I am using? Is it possible the CPU could make a difference as how a game behaves in a situation like this?
    Stop trying to blame the equipment!

This shortcoming is strictly based on your ability... or lack thereof.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123