Image Map Image Map

Thread: Informer 207/102-v22 smart terminal with VT52 & VT-102 epoms

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Informer 207/102-v22 smart terminal with VT52 & VT-102 epoms

Hi all,

Well late 2016 this very cute portable smart terminal / workstation as Informer called it, came up for sale in Perth, Australia.

I was lucky enough to purchase it. Seeing it has a CRT rather than LCD screen, I was really worried that it would not survive the journey across Australia to Melbourne. Thankfully it did. It was super well triple packed. Came it its own original carry bag with user manuals.

So here are some pics

Informer 207/102-v22 Gumtree ad pic 1. dated 9/2016, of unit I luckly purchased for Aus $300

Informer 207/102-v22 Gumtree ad pic 2. dated 9/2016,

Informer 207/102-v22 Gumtree ad pic 3. dated 9/2016,

Following pics are from the unit, thats now on my work bench

Pic of the unit running. Taken in B/W for clarity.

Pic of Main Mother Board Note it runs a Zilog Z80 CPU. I try and take a clear one next time I open machine.

Pics of the eproms

Blog Entries

Perhaps you could add to the Informer 207 page at the Teminals wiki: http://terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/Informer_207
    Torfinn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tingo View Post
    Perhaps you could add to the Informer 207 page at the Teminals wiki: http://terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/Informer_207

Hi Torfinn,
    i missed you post here. Yes, that's a good idea and I will do that.

Also what I need to do is grab a copy of the roms and post them on bitsavers.

its possible when other foke that see the non VT102 version of this terminal come up for sale, that they could get it cheap and blow new roms to make it VT102.

Also looking back at my pics I noticed the unit has a button battery, so I need to get unit open and change battery.