Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemonade Stand

Default Lemonade Stand

I've been looking for this very simple program for the PET (I'm assuming I could also use the 64 version, and convert it to the right memory location with unicopy). I recall that it came with my 64 originally. I'm having great difficulty finding it on the web. Does anyone have it (e-mail me a ZIP file) or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    B.
    Last edited by Bish500; April 14th, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

I can't believe how incredibly difficult this little BASIC game was to find (it took about 3.5 hours in total). When I owned my first C64, this program was everywhere! I believe it came on the "Commodore Program Pack", which was given away in Canada as a promotional item upon the purchase of a new C64 system (computer + disk drive) in 1983.

If you want to download it for yourself, find a .T64 image here: http://www.myabandonware.com/game/lemonade-4eu

Last edited by Bish500; April 14th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

I remember playing this in high school. We figured out how to cheat with the change of one command.

As previously stated, I found the C64 version - it works great - on the 64.....but I remember there being a PET version (can anyone verify that?). The 64 version will not load into the PET. Could it be because it's in a different memory location?

Does anyone know where I can get the PET version?

Blog Entries

If it's a BASIC program and does not contain any PEEK or POKE statements, it's very simple to run on the PET. You much change the load address, as BASIC programs reside in a different memory location on the PET vs the C64.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallo
    The problem with BASIC files is the following: The PET's BASIC RAM starts at $0401 -- and that's also what the first two bytes of a PET BASIC PRG file should state. When loading such a BASIC program into a C64, it gets nevertheless loaded to $0801 (the C64's BASIC RAM) and automatically re-linked so that all "next line" pointers point to the appropriate addresses. The PET, however, seems incapable of relocating BASIC programs so that a program thus saved to tape does get loaded to $0401, but its "next line" pointers keep pointing to their C64-based $08something targets.

To load C64 BASIC files on the PET, do the following:

Type 0 REM

Load the BASIC file

Type SYS 1024 to get into the PET's monitor

Type M 0400-0410 to dump the first few bytes of BASIC memory. You should see an 01 04. Change this to 01 08 and exit the monitor. When you type LIST, you'll now see your BASIC program. The 0 REM line will be at the top of it; just type 0 and hit Return to get rid of it.
    Once you've done that, make sure to save the program; and save it on a proper disk formatted in the drive you use on your PET.
    Be polite and I may let you live.

Given that it has no graphics or sound, it should be easy to port to just about any 80s micro running BASIC. You'd think with its superior graphics and sound, the C64 version of Lemonade Stand would be better than the Apple II version :P

Thanks. I'll try that. The 64 version has poke commands, but I believe they're primarily for colour.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bish500 View Post
    Thanks. I'll try that. The 64 version has poke commands, but I believe they're primarily for colour.
    Ok, then delete them, else nothing will happen, or something bad will happen. Best would be to look up the addresses and see what they are. Some may be for plotting directly to the text screen, or cursor control, or other such things that work on the PET but may have different locations.
    Be polite and I may let you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish500 View Post
    I'll have some time over the summer while I'm off work, and will have the PET at home. I'll fool with it then, and will let you know what I find out.

Is there a DOS port for this?