Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WARNING Doomsday Clock now at 2min 30sec, the Closest since 1953 to Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by zombienerd View Post
    I live in a valley surrounded by mountains 200 miles from the nearest target of interest. I have food, water, and fuel stores for 6 months, enough ammo to hunt for the next decade or so, and a few bottles of iodide pills. I have access to a fallout shelter. Let them bombs fall, we need a reset anyway. Best of luck to all of you who chose the big city life
    Yes, and we all know how incredibly accurate Russian ICBMs will be (if their cruise missile are anything to go by)....LOL.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Saving Legacy and Vintage computers one piece at a time...

This clock is a joke. Clocks move in one direction.. not back and forth. Anyway, we are always a hair away from disaster -- in 1983 we were one order away from a war because the Soviets thought a NATO exercise was the real thing. And then there was Yeltsin being woken up to put his finger on the button because of faulty radar. That's the thing that should scare everyone -- the decrepit state of Russian early warning systems. If nuclear war happens it'll be likely by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    This clock is a joke. Clocks move in one direction.. not back and forth.
    I guess you've never seen The Time Machine.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

This clock is a joke. Clocks move in one direction.. not back and forth. Anyway, we are always a hair away from disaster -- in 1983 we were one order away from a war because the Soviets thought a NATO exercise was the real thing. And then there was Yeltsin being woken up to put his finger on the button because of faulty radar. That's the thing that should scare everyone -- the decrepit state of Russian early warning systems. If nuclear war happens it'll be likely by accident.
    I wonder what they think of us!

Anyway, the Soviet early warning systems, even in their decrepit state, are a very beautiful thing.

I expect it's very easy to underestimate the height of those trees.
    Be polite and I may let you live.

"Decrepit" is right, that site was featured on an Abandoned Engineering show a few weeks back. It's clearly a phased array radar.

This clock is a joke. Clocks move in one direction.. not back and forth...
    I like the clock and respect the opinions of highly-educated people. The concept of minutes before striking at midnight is an excellent analogy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456