Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new use for something that has no value for me any longer

Also, you may have figured this out already, I did not have time to watch the whole video yet, but the header the flash disk module is on is standard 2.5" PATA, you can use any PATA 2.5" HD/SSD in these.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the link, I am now hot on the trail for one that may work for me......On the other hand, my "Juke Box" is complete. I am just waiting on the RAM upgrade. But I was able to do everything on the stock 256MB's of RAM! I just had to wait a few minutes after every command. LOL... I am listening to my music now...Quiet, Clean & Mean! Makes me Happy! Well Quiet other then my Rockin Out! No over heating CPU Fan noises. Just pure music. Right Now I Am Listening To Donovan's "Season Of The Witch".....Good Song. And since it's an older ATI Rage GPU Chipset, I found a old ATI infrared controller & receiver that works on it. Did I just hit Re-Play from across the room.....I think I just did!!! No Busting heads today.....No Bar call outs.... Just me and my Music....And a Cigar...Maybe a Beer or two....Maybe do it up and drink a import! LOL.. Life is good.

Blog Entries

Yes I saw that, but I have no room...Maybe if I can find a cable and move the PATA....Hmmm have to look for that, thanks for the idea. Back to my beer....

Blog Entries

I've got a similar setup for a Neoware CA10. I found the PCI riser for about $0.99 from a Chinese eBay seller. The CA10 has a 40GB IDE hard drive installed and a SCSI controller in the PCI slot. Not bad for the time. I wish I'd had a later CA10 with DVI VGA video and a SATA header, but you take what you get...

Blog Entries

Sounds like you did well Grasshopper, you never can tell with Chinese vendors. But I must say I have had more good luck with items from China then bad. But when I get the bad, its really bad! All in All, I'm very pleased with my "Juke Box". Its doing exactly what I want it to do. Its small, Quiet & Cheap. I will endeavor to leave it as it is. Let it fill my "Man Cave" with Song. So many more ideas have come from me posting this video.... And that makes me happy! I have work to do. Thank you all for the idea's. My next quest is Routers....Hmmm a lot to think on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12