Image Map Image Map

Thread: New World Computing games

Default New World Computing games

I really like most of the games this company developed. King's Bounty, the Might and Magic series, and the Heroes of Might and Magic series. Anyone else interested in discussing these games? I have KB, Heroes 1& 2, and have others coming from eBay. So far they are as much fun to play as I remembered.

I really enjoyed the Might and Magic series. I started with Might and Magic III and have played all of them since, including the 2014 game, which was a pretty good fit for the feel and theme of the series, although a bit bug-ridden.

A friend and I used to play Heroes of Might and Magic II together. We would dial in to each other and do multiplayer sessions back in the day. It was a lot of fun. I think I still have the CD around here somewhere. I need to dig it out and show it to my kids!
    ***Join the IRC chat at #vc on irc.slashnet.org! Please use your forum username as your nickname.***

Franken486 - Intel Overdrive DX4 100MHz, 64 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD (8 GB usable), DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB Floppy, Diamond Stealth III S530, Intel PRO 10/100, AWE 64, Running MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11
    IBM Model 80 Type 8580-321 - 386DX 20MHz, 4 MB RAM onboard, 4 MB RAM via 80386 Enhanced Memory Expansion, 320 MB Type 0661 HDD, 1.44 MB Floppy, Running MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11

Ditto. Was a huge fan of HoMM series from 1 through 4.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    Ditto. Was a huge fan of HoMM series from 1 through 4.
    I think 4 was the last really good one. Once they went 3D they didn't seem to be as much fun. But I still played them! I need to get the 2014 M&M, I didn't even know it existed until yesterday.

Played a bit of Heroes II with the kids last night. The seemed to like it. I royally sucked though. It's been at least 17 years since I've played the game.
    ***Join the IRC chat at #vc on irc.slashnet.org! Please use your forum username as your nickname.***

Franken486 - Intel Overdrive DX4 100MHz, 64 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD (8 GB usable), DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB Floppy, Diamond Stealth III S530, Intel PRO 10/100, AWE 64, Running MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11
    IBM Model 80 Type 8580-321 - 386DX 20MHz, 4 MB RAM onboard, 4 MB RAM via 80386 Enhanced Memory Expansion, 320 MB Type 0661 HDD, 1.44 MB Floppy, Running MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11

Quote Originally Posted by trmg View Post
    Played a bit of Heroes II with the kids last night. The seemed to like it. I royally sucked though. It's been at least 17 years since I've played the game.
    Yeah, I'm playing the first one. Relearning a lot of things the hard way, but having a blast. Hot and installed the Ultimate Might and Magic compendium tonight. No time to plat though.

I remember literally running home from school so I can play Heroes 2. Heroes 3 is one of my favorite games of all time as well.