Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of stuff - PLEASE LOOK

Exclamation Lots of stuff - PLEASE LOOK

I hate to just throw any of this stuff away, or even donate it to the local thrift shop (who will probably throw it away) before presenting any of it to a group of folks who can appreciate it, or may have even been searching for it.

Here's what I've got :

1- Nearly complete run (missing only about 1/2 dozen issues) of Compute!'s Gazzette Magazines for Commodore 64/128. I don't know exactly how many issues there are, but I will count them and catalog them for anyone who is interested. They run from 1st issue to last with only a few missing. Even though I had a subscription myself during the original run, those were regrettably discarded sometime in the 90s. A few years ago, I found this set on ebay and bought it to re-live my childhood, and had a great time doing it. There are no disks included, but we all loved typing in the programs anyway, right? LOL

2- SIMCHECK (the first version, I think) Advanced Memory Module Tester, with the 40-bit expansion port, and power supply. I don't have the manual, but it is available online in PDF. Works.

3- ALR Quad6 - COMPLETE SYSTEM with Windows 2000 Advanced Server. This was one of the coolest things I ever put together, but its HUGE and HEAVY and needs to go to someone who will use it. 4 x Pentium Pro (1MB cache), VRMs, memory card, SIMMs, dual redundant load-sharing power supplies, and the original tower case, with functioning LCD display. For anyone who remembers these, they were literally the FIRST commercially available multi-processor machines, and they were EXPENSIVE (like $10K+ starting). I can power this up and send photos of whatever anyone wants to see.

4- HP Netserver Lh-Pro - I don't know a lot about this one, but it does power up. Gives me a CMOS battery dead message (typical for these I think), never took this project beyond that, as life got in the way.

As I continue to dig in my closet, I may add additional things to this list, but all of these are available, just make an offer. Please remember that some items are extremely heavy, and could cost a small fortune to ship, so a local pickup would make any of these a real bargain. I am in upstate South Carolina.

Thanks for looking,
    Ryan

Wow. I'd like to have the Gazette, but can't really afford to ship them. I yoosta have all the original COMPUTE! and Gazette issues when I had subscriptions, but have no idea whatever happened to them. I sure don't remember them coming with disks; I do remember doing an inordinate of typing.

Normal subscriptions (the ones that were about $1.50 per issue) did not come with disks, but they offered a 'premium' subscription for those with more money than sense, which for about $30 more annually, your magazine came with a floppy containing all the issues programs pre-typed in. I always thought it was lazy, but that was just me trying to mask my lack of funds...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Wow. I'd like to have the Gazette, but can't really afford to ship them.
    Media Mail is actually quite reasonable.

You can ship 25 pounds of magazines across the country for ~ $15.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

I am happy to ship at actual expense, but this entire collection is probably 80+ pounds.

95 pounds is ~ $50.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Could you post pictures of the Quad ALR for those of us who have never seen one or forgot that we have?

I will have to take photos of my specific machine, but google has very representative photos. The machine is the tower version, not the rackmount. It looks just like the attached photos. Its a full 3 feet tall, and 30 inches deep, about 10 inches wide. Probably weighs 115lbs.
    Quad6 - 2.jpgQuad6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 4Run4Fun View Post
    I will have to take photos of my specific machine, but google has very representative photos. The machine is the tower version, not the rackmount. It looks just like the attached photos. Its a full 3 feet tall, and 30 inches deep, about 10 inches wide. Probably weighs 115lbs.
    Quad6 - 2.jpgQuad6.jpg
    WOW. You'd have to ship that sucker freight.

It'd probably be better for the magazines to go to someone who really wants the whole collection, but if nobody else will take them, I will just to make sure they don't go to the dump.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast