Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Supersoft HR-40(b) hi res graphics board

Here is the Supersoft Graphix manual and the HR40 (first type 1981). Again I cant upload this pdf manual to the forum because it says its to big so you will have to download it from my Googledrive below grab it while you can because it wont be there for ever. I dont know why the forum cant host it for others to download in the future.

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15V...AxaQyg-hMSv3Jk

Cool. Thanks mate will take a look.

The software for this high res graphics board is usually home brew stuff. I haven’t found anything that was commercially available.

The link below shows some of the stuff I have doing with the board.... including a photo and video of both the 9 inch and 12 inch PETS running the same animation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138413235@N02/

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Cool. Thanks mate will take a look.

The software for this high res graphics board is usually home brew stuff. I haven’t found anything that was commercially available.

The link below shows some of the stuff I have doing with the board.... including a photo and video of both the 9 inch and 12 inch PETS running the same animation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138413235@N02/

Andy
    Your welcome Andy
    Those pics are the sort of thing I wanted to try and display on my PET seeing as it has that graphics card. Is there any way you can send or upload the images in the correct formet for displaying on the PET and do you have a application you use to display them.

Jon

I have some of the demos on my Github page:

https://github.com/sjgray/SuperSoft-HR

Andy, if you want I can post any of your demos or screens etc here.
    Jon, would you mind if I include your documentation as well? That way they will be preserved and accessible to all.

Steve
    WANTED: CBM-II hardware or software, PET software

Quote Originally Posted by sjgray View Post
    I have some of the demos on my Github page:

https://github.com/sjgray/SuperSoft-HR

Andy, if you want I can post any of your demos or screens etc here.
    Jon, would you mind if I include your documentation as well? That way they will be preserved and accessible to all.

Steve
    Steve, thanks that would be great!.

I will catalogue what I have done. There’s a mixture of simple saved images from the boards memory, to more complex routines and custom display/animation programs.

Jon, once you have confirmed the card initialises and clears the memory etc. Then I can send across a few images to try. Do you have a PETSD ? ie a means to get files onto your PET ?

If sys59650,c doesn’t clear the screen once the board has been initialised, then we have to look at the board more closely.
    Last edited by AndyG; February 6th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

Out of curiosity, did you get any floppy discs with the package ?

Also do you have an eprom programmer that can read 2532 EPROMs?
    It would be nice to dump the graphix Rom as it seems a later version than the one on my board.
    Last edited by AndyG; February 6th, 2019 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    As Steve mentioned any documentation would be great. I too have that version also now.

Try the following. First do this from a cold boot as the board doesnít like any of the add on chips enabled as the onboard memory is mapped from $9000- $a000.

SYS59650,5 to initialise the card. Your screen should have lots of vertical solid lines and some other garbage dots displayed. This is essentially displaying the onboard memory whilst showing the native PET screen.

To clear the on board memory,type (you have to guess you are typing it correctly as the characters will be partially obscured by the lines etc.)
    SYS59650,C

If it clears then your card is probably working. A quick test would be SYS59650,SL,0,0,150,150

This will draw a diagonal line.

Interestingly for your installation, you have wires soldered to the icís ... mine has clips.

Cheers
    I tried this Andy and the sys59660,C did produce vertical lines see attached picture. However the other commands did not clear the screen or anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    I tried this Andy and the sys59660,C did produce vertical lines see attached picture. However the other commands did not clear the screen or anything.
    Did you try SYS59650,C.... you message said 59660,c

If your post was a typo, then the board is initialising ok but cannot clear the memory. Please check the connections as per the installation manual you posted.

Andy

I have somebthong wrong. I noticed some chips had no labels so removed them one by one and cleaning the legs on the chips with a fibre glass pencil as they were very tarnished etc. Evertlytime i did this i turned it on and tried to get the graphix chip to work but still no joy. So ilI removed the final chip A (one with just a mitsubishi logo) but when i turned the Pet on this time all i got was a srambled moving screen. (See picture). I didnt expect this it should have improved things not make it worse. Anyone know whats happened?
    Attached Images Attached Images