Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Supersoft HR-40(b) hi res graphics board

Quote Originally Posted by Ral-Clan View Post
    Are Steve Gray's 40/80 switcher boards available for sale to the general public?
    The first batch of Comspec 40/80 clone boards had a small error which will be corrected in the next batch. If you just want a blank board please contact me directly... i have a few left. The Multi-EditROM 40/80 also has a couple small errors that will be fixed in the next run. I do not have any left. If you are interested in the next run please contact me. I am hoping to sell these boards and others online in the near future. Blank boards will be about $5-$10 CAD plus shipping. I am still deciding about selling assembled units. I guess, basically if you have interest in any of my boards please drop me a line so i can judge demand!
    WANTED: CBM-II hardware or software, PET software

Final Post on this subject - I got hold of a couple of Steve's MultiRom Boards and replaced the Multi-Edit Rom 40/80 board which makes for a much cleaner installation. Then used the other one to create a custom character rom that works with the Supersoft board (had to invert all bits).

In this ROM I added the HAL PCG-6500 character Roms for Galaxians, Rallyx, Mole and Slot. I then converted the games to work on a BASIC 4 CRTC machine (originally they were for BASIC 1 & 2 versions).
    See Mike's webpage for more information on the HAL PCG6500

http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pe...raphics-board/

My Flickr page has been updated with photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138413235@N02/

48081356932_cfc7700b04_o.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Final Post on this subject - I got hold of a couple of Steve's MultiRom Boards and replaced the Multi-Edit Rom 40/80 board which makes for a much cleaner installation. Then used the other one to create a custom character rom that works with the Supersoft board (had to invert all bits).

In this ROM I added the HAL PCG-6500 character Roms for Galaxians, Rallyx, Mole and Slot. I then converted the games to work on a BASIC 4 CRTC machine (originally they were for BASIC 1 & 2 versions).
    See Mike's webpage for more information on the HAL PCG6500

http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pe...raphics-board/

My Flickr page has been updated with photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138413235@N02/

48081356932_cfc7700b04_o.jpg
    Very nice! Its amazing how you are able to adapt and combine different boards!

Hi,

Andy has sent me all his graphic demos and source code. I have added them to my SuperSoft HR Github pages here:
    https://github.com/sjgray/SuperSoft-HR

If you have questions or comments about Andy's stuff please contact him directly.

Thanks Steve.

I have also heavily patched the HAL PCG6500 Pac-Man game which dynamically changes the characters in the Rom as the game plays. Changes had to be made to how it displayed the various dynamic objects.

I therefore had to make a compromise character Rom but the game plays with these limitations.

At least you can see what it would have looked like. My Flickr page has been updated with a video of the demo play for those interested. It’s the best looking version I have seen on the PET. It now runs on Basic 4.0

I haven’t videoed me playing (I am not that good)
    Last edited by AndyG; July 1st, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Wonderful!
    It recalls memories of Battle Zone (arcade game), Alien and Blade Runner (those sci-fi computers -at least for that era )

Thanks ... I have patched the Pac-Man game further to include additional animation in the ghosts.

In particular, their movement including change in direction of their eyes.

A video has been uploaded to my Flickr account.

I will pass on the code to Steve G who will upload to the Supersoft GitHub project file where you can find the other games and high res drawing programmes. All work in Basic 4 only

The HAL PCG6500 was a very neat design .. shame the concept never got integrated into the PET
    Last edited by AndyG; July 14th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Final post (I hope).

There is now a final patched version of the HAL PCG6500 PACMAN game with audio (Note: It is difficult trying to play the game and video at the same time, so I tried to show the various game functions rather than demonstrate my gameplay)

The ghosts eyes now move with the direction of movement (even after they have been eaten) and the moving objects do not cause the walls to flicker.

To replicate the bonus fruits, another 26 characters are required which are not available in the rom, so only the cherry has been used.

I have past the code to Steve G and hope it will be available on Github shortly.

My Flickr page has been updated with two new videos - one of the demo and one of actual gameplay (with sound).
    Last edited by AndyG; July 26th, 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Andy. Your files have been posted.

Steve