Image Map Image Map

Thread: Data General Eclipse S-120

Default Data General Eclipse S-120

Was out in Ohio recently and picked up a Data General Eclipse S-120, least thatís what I think it is. Think itís one from the first generation CT scan systems. Can anyone point me towards a site that may have information on it? Going to assume that it will run somewhat the same code as my Rolm/NOVA and maybe be able to at least get to the point of doing something with it like accessing memory or something. Appears to have the hard drive cards but donít have much hope for finding the drive. Imagine all the medical imaging cards will be just about useless but donít know if I will be able to run the system without all the cards present? Do they have to use grant cards where cards are not installed?

Default Picture of the beast!

A picture of it, i do have the power supply card its just not instaled in this picture.

IMG_2990.jpg

Hi All;

Qbus, Congratulations !!

"" Do they have to use grant cards where cards are not installed? "" No, But it is sort of the same kind of idea..

There are Jumpers that would need to be wired in the slots not used, Wire Wrap wire on the appropriate pins, very simple to do..

"" Imagine all the medical imaging cards will be just about useless but donít know if I will be able to run the system without all the cards present? ""

Yes, it will run and use alot less power, also, the IC's on the cards might be a good source of spare Parts..

Don't throw them out, yet, I might know someone who might be interested in these cards..

THANK YOU Marty

From what I've seen in the past on the cctalk list Bruce Ray of Wild Hare Computer Systems is the go to guy for DG system information. I don't know anything about DG systems myself.

Ray, Bruce oral history:
    http://archive.computerhistory.org/r...-05-01-acc.pdf

Hi All;

QBus, I just talked to Bruce Ray for a second, via email, And He said it's probably an S/280 instead of an S/120.. He is really busy and couldn't talk much for now..

Most likely, without any Pictures of the CPU card(s), it's hard to tell for sure..
    From the front two corners, there should be a name and a number, which I can look up and tell You more what it is that You have..

THANK YOU Marty
    Last edited by Marty; May 25th, 2017 at 03:52 AM.