Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: Tandon TM 100-1A 5.25" drive

Default Wanted: Tandon TM 100-1A 5.25" drive

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I'm looking for a working Tandon TM 100-1A full-height drive to replace the B: drive in my early Kaypro II. I've been working on the machine on and off for around a year and I've finally decided that the drive in there isn't worth fixing. (It's got all kinds of issues that are beyond my skill set.)

I've checked eBay and a couple other places but the prices I found were prohibitive, nearly half the price I paid for the whole machine.

If you have a drive you'd be willing to sell, feel free to PM me or reply here. I've posted some pics of the relevant drive and machine.

Thanks,
    -wmh

IMG_8637.jpgIMG_8638.jpgIMG_8639.jpgIMG_8642.jpgIMG_8643.jpg

Blog Entries

AFAIK, the -2A is essentially the same as the -1A, but with two heads. You can see this by the unpopulated header on the left of the PCB--on a 2A, two plugs--one for each head--would be present. Perhaps this expands your options.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    AFAIK, the -2A is essentially the same as the -1A, but with two heads. You can see this by the unpopulated header on the left of the PCB--on a 2A, two plugs--one for each head--would be present. Perhaps this expands your options.
    Thanks, that's great to know. I'd seen a few 2A's but I wasn't sure if they'd be drop-in replacements for the 1A. I'll be on the lookout for them now.