Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DEC RL01/RL02 disk emulator with PCB board

Default DEC RL01/RL02 disk emulator with PCB board

Hi all,
    a short announcement: My RL01 / RL02 disk emulator is now available with a PCB board
    and support for the MAX10/DE10-Lite, BeMicro CV, DE0-Nano and DE1 board. A picture and
    a description in the appendix. All further information on my homepage, chapter 1.1B
    with all necessary downloads, www.pdp11gy.com
    ( Sorry, can't upload the readme - file, only the overview picture )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Wonderful! I'd like two, please. I've sent email to you directly.

Jack
    Last edited by jackrubin; June 1st, 2017 at 09:48 AM.

What is the cost of these assembled and tested? I couldn't easily find that information on the web page.

Reinhard,

Absolutely beautiful work! The progress through the years is amazing. This is a huge leap over the last version (which I still use) which only supported one emulated drive at a time. I will need to make sure I order a DE-10 lite before they disappear. Like Jack, I too will want to build one or two of these. If there is a run of boards made, let me know. I should be able to collect the rest of the parts and assemble myself.

It doesn't look bad to wire-wrap either. Just two 74LVC245 and 26LS31 and 32, which are all available in full size through hole dips.

Thank you for posting this fine work!

Lou

Lou, Thank you very much for your feedback.
    Some words on the availability of the PCB board.
    I and the computer-museum in Munich can not manufacture, assemble and sell the PCB board for now.
    The PCB boards were ordered and manufactured in China, 10 pieces cost about 60 dollars.
    This is very cheap ( 2 layer only ) and I can send the URL if necessary. The soldering was made by hand.
    I'm already "too old" and do not have the right soldering tools, so a friend helped me.
    Perhaps a collective order for USA is possible?
    I will speak with the people from the Computer-Museum and will update you as soon as possible.

Reinhard

Quote Originally Posted by PDP11GY View Post
    Some words on the availability of the PCB board.
    The PCB boards were ordered and manufactured in China, 10 pieces cost about 60 dollars.
    This is very cheap ( 2 layer only ) and I can send the URL if necessary.
    The URL would be great Reinhard, thank you. I'd be willing to honcho an order if the US in no one else feels even more inclined :->.

And, as everyone else has already noted _GREAT_JOB_. We are all much obliged :->.

paul

Blog Entries

@Paul - I wouldn't want to deny you the pleasure!

Please put me down for two (or three if you need to reach some critical mass).

Thanks,
    Jack

Hello All,
    First, nice work Reinhard. I wouldn't mind producing a few assembled boards here in the US. I'd be willing to kit the parts, including PCB, or assemble the board for others not comfortable with SMT fab. I'm not looking to make any money so I'll do it for the cost of the parts and shipping, etc. but would like to do it as one order of 10 pieces or so if there's interest. Let us know if the Computer Museum would be agreeable.

Also, FYI Mouser currently has the DE-10 Lite (PN P0466-EDU) for $62.50 USD. That's cheaper that the raw 10M50DAF484C7G FPGA that it uses!
    -Ken

Folks,

Whoever has a run of boards etched and drilled, count me in for two also. I would like to assemble mine myself though.

I also saw that DE-10 lite at Mouser with the -EDU suffix. Is that one where you have to show proof of being a college or technical school student to get one at that price? I am a few years past that unfortunately, but I do like the price.

Lou

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou - N2MIY View Post
    Folks,

Whoever has a run of boards etched and drilled, count me in for two also. I would like to assemble mine myself though.

I also saw that DE-10 lite at Mouser with the -EDU suffix. Is that one where you have to show proof of being a college or technical school student to get one at that price? I am a few years past that unfortunately, but I do like the price.

Lou
    The non-EDU DE10-Lite board is $92.75 ( http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...7Z5efbsA%3d%3d ) at Mouser or $85 direct from Terasic (however Terasic shipping to the US is VERY pricey, so most likely cost+tax+shipping will be lower at Mouser, for US folks at least).