Image Map Image Map
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: DEC RL01/RL02 disk emulator with PCB board

Hello again, the RL utilities are now available, www.2jo.de/pdp11/rlutils/rlutils.zip and can also be
    downloaded from my homepage. In cooperation they were completed by pdp11@2jo.de and consists of 3 programs:
    DSK2DEC.exe : Convert DISK-Image-FILE-.DSK ===to===> RL-EMULATOR-FILE-.DEC
    DEC2DSK.exe : Convert RL-EMULATOR-FILE-.DEC ===to===> DISK-Image-FILE-.DSK
    RLTest.exe : Test program for RL-EMULATOR-FILE-.DEC to check CRC and data consistency.
    To start these programs, just open via windows a DOS window(cmd). If you start the programs without
    any arguments, it will provide you with details. The programs automatically distinguish between RL01 size
    and RL02 size. Example:
    D:\Board\rlutils>DSK2DEC.exe
    DSK2DEC V1.1 (c) 2017 Jonny Jonas www.2jo.de
    Disk Image Converter for SIMH .DSK Files to .DEC Files
    usage: DSK2DEC filename
    I have decided that I do not integrate these programs into my RL-emulator. It makes no sense and
    runs offline under windows much more effective.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Since I received no messages about additions, remarks, problems I assume that everything is ok with
    my RL-Emulator. I will publish updates via my homepage. I'm here for a summer break, because I have
    to take care of a GT40 to repair it and bring it up and running with the well-known lunar-lander.
    Can be, that I will have some questions to you, Reinhard

Just for information, DE10-Lite/Version V1.5 is already available.

Hi Ken:
    I came across the RL emulator thread and I am interested in getting the RL drive<->RLV12 interface board discussed in Reinhard Heuberger website and git repository. From my readings on this thread, it seems you are the developer/supplier of the interface board.
    What are the options you offer for getting the board (if still available)? Bare boards, parts list, kit form, fully assembled? costs?
    I am an EE and open to all options.
    Thank you for your help
    Best regards,
    John Hudak

Hi Ken:
    I came across the RL emulator thread and I am interested in getting the RL drive<->RLV12 interface board discussed in Reinhard Heuberger website and git repository. From my readings on this thread, it seems you are the developer/supplier of the interface board.
    What are the options you offer for getting the board (if still available)? Bare boards, parts list, kit form, fully assembled? costs?
    I am an EE and open to all options.
    Thank you for your help
    Best regards,
    John Hudak
    Please email me directly: jhudak at gmail
    THanks

Hi John,
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I think I have board(s) and some, if not all, parts as not everyone who signed up when I coordinated the buy last year participated. I'll check this weekend and post here with my findings.
    -Ken

I dug out my project box and found 3 bare boards and many of the parts. As it looks like John Hudak and Joe Meyer have inquired in the last couple of weeks, I can provide these to them. Should anyone on this forum be interested in continuing to provide boards and parts, I'll be happy to assist and can provide documentation, board manufacturer info, etc. I enjoy knowing the old DEC stuff has such a dedicated following.
    Regards to all "DEC heads",
    -Ken

Oh! I had to edit this to give Reinhard a shout out for his incredible work to put the RL Emulator out there ... and he keeps on advancing it! Please, give him a "thumbs up".
    Last edited by kenwickvs; November 11th, 2018 at 08:27 PM.