Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: DEC RL01/RL02 disk emulator with PCB board

Blog Entries

Please put me down for two boards.

Len

I didn't realize that Terasic sold an educational-only version of the DE10-Lite. I suppose getting sternly educated in old computer stuff here on vcfed.org doesn't count

Let's see what interest we have so far:
    Len - Qty 2
    Jack - Qty 2
    Lou - Qty 2 (kits)
    Ken - Qty 2

That's a total of 8 without using a floating point co-processor. We're on the way to making it feasible to make a few here if Reinhard can provide the needed files and approvals.

-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenwickvs View Post
    I didn't realize that Terasic sold an educational-only version of the DE10-Lite. I suppose getting sternly educated in old computer stuff here on vcfed.org doesn't count

Let's see what interest we have so far:
    Len - Qty 2
    Jack - Qty 2
    Lou - Qty 2 (kits)
    Ken - Qty 2

That's a total of 8 without using a floating point co-processor. We're on the way to making it feasible to make a few here if Reinhard can provide the needed files and approvals.

-Ken
    Note that I indicated an interest in a couple of PCBs and offered to do a group order. But if everyone has moved on to full kits (where's the fun in that :->) or pre-assembled, then perhaps I'll just have to make do for myself then.

Today and tomorrow is a holiday in Dutschland. On Tuesday I will get the address of
    the China PCB board manufacturer we used and also our order number and customer
    reference no. So, it should be very easy to order more PCB boards.
    A note about the terminator resistor networks: 100 Ohm networks are used because
    the 93 ohm does not exist. However, it works perfectly.

Ken,

Sorry if my earlier post of interest in two boards was confusing at all, but I'm only interested in the boards and would source my own parts. When next you revise the list, it's just boards for me. Thanks!

Lou

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pbirkel@gmail.com View Post
    Note that I indicated an interest in a couple of PCBs and offered to do a group order. But if everyone has moved on to full kits (where's the fun in that :->) or pre-assembled, then perhaps I'll just have to make do for myself then.
    I want pcb's only

I can do smt just fine.

Len

Blog Entries

Yep, boards only for me as well. Happy to order three to bump up the quantity.

Jack

All,
    Bare boards, kits or fully assembled are all fine with me. The determining factor would, obviously be the cost of the boards with shipping at the quantity that we order. I suggest that, unless there's some hurry, we give a few weeks for others to investigate their needs and add to the order via this Post. Here's the order update:
    Jack - Qty 2 (or 3 if needed) - Boards Only
    Len - Qty 2 - Boards Only
    Lou - Qty 2 - Boards Only
    Ken - Qty 2 - Kits (as I have to order parts anyway)

As soon as we hear back from Reinhard, I'll contact the referenced PCB house and have them quote 10 (minimum) to 20 boards (just an estimate). Shipping from me to you for these small boards would be cheap via USPS 1st Class mail.
    -Ken

Blog Entries

FYI I used these guys to do my RX02 emulator PCB (it was 4 layer I did in ENIG). Very inexpensive for small proto and production runs.

Link: http://dangerousprototypes.com/store/pcbs

For a 10x10cm 2 layer board the cost for HASL is only $2 per board in quantity of 10 guaranteed. Protopack of 10+/- (I got 11 in my orders) is even less.

Quality was very good. I used ENIG vs HASL for finish (a bit more expensive). All 11 boards I received were 100% functional. Highly recommended
    Last edited by AK6DN; June 4th, 2017 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks AK6DN, I'll personally keep them in mind for future board orders. I'm working on a couple now, including a dual-height Qbus format which will certainly be 4-layers. Any interest on your part for one of these boards?
    -Ken