Image Map Image Map

Thread: Osborne 1 (Original Tan/Black model)

Default Osborne 1 (Original Tan/Black model)

I have here for sale an Osborne 1. This is the original tan/black model.

Cosmetically it is in very good condition. It includes the back port cover panel and all velcro is intact. The leather handle is complete and unbroken. The side clips are firmly attached and operate perfectly.

Internally it has a double-density disk controller and a ScreenPac 80-column board.

It powers up and the screen is clean and bright. Unfortunately, it will not boot. Any attempt to boot from the floppy drive results in a "BOOT ERROR" message being spewed to the screen. I tried cleaning the drive head and swapping the A: and B: drives to no avail. I'm sure with some sleuthing the problem can be corrected.

I had it running for a while one day and there was a loud pop and some smoke. However, the computer didn't seem phased. I turned it off and examined it inside out and noted that a smoothing capacitor in the power supply had blown and cracked. This does not seem to effect the operation of the computer, as far as I can tell.

Included is a pile of disks with CP/M and other goodies on them.

Photos are here:

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/Sel...on/Osborne%201
    I also produced a brief video to show it off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7jAyr-KAA

I'm asking $175 or best offer.

Ships from Livermore, California [ZIP code 94550]; pickup in Livermore, Stockton or Sacramento, California.

This was sold at the VCF West XII. Thanks!