Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Beige/white ATX midtower case

1. Default WANTED: Beige/white ATX midtower case

Hi,

I want to put my Skylake build into an older beige tower. I have the complete system and just looking for a good condition ATX white/beige case. It must have front panel pins that are standard ATX (so those legendary Dell Dimension XPS D/R/T series are a no). I am in Long Island, NY if that helps.

I picked one of these up on Amazon recently. Not bad price. It also comes with AT IO backplate (removable for the ATX IO plates)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Current Vintage Equipment:
    IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004. Compaq Contura 4/25C.
    Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.
    Looking for: 286 Laptop, 386 Laptop, C64. Packard Bell Legend 20CD.

3. Default

Oh wow, good find! Thank you

Blog Entries

A while back I picked up 5 or 6 new old white/beige cases on ebay that were AT or ATX. Problem is once you pop the AT panel off you are stuck using ATX I/O bezels since you can't put the AT one back.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

5. Default

Do you have a link to the seller?

Blog Entries

Nope, was a couple years ago. He had quite a few and I purchased 5 or 6 over a years time.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    A while back I picked up 5 or 6 new old white/beige cases on ebay that were AT or ATX. Problem is once you pop the AT panel off you are stuck using ATX I/O bezels since you can't put the AT one back.
    JB Weld :P Or hot glue. But yeah, the one I listed above is the "snap off" type that isn't friction held.
    Current Vintage Equipment:
    IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004. Compaq Contura 4/25C.
    Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.
    Looking for: 286 Laptop, 386 Laptop, C64. Packard Bell Legend 20CD.

Just took a pile to recycling; still a few left but packing & shipping (from Toronto) are a PITA and expensive these days.

9. Default

I found one on Nexhi, this one

https://www.nexhi.com/en/nexhi-case-...id-tower-beige

Looks like I got the last one they had. Same case as this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16811162041
    I rigged the front panel of a Dell Dimension XPS T500 tower to work with standard ATX motherboards (Dell sealed off a pin, putting a needle in it and removing the filler makes it fit and work perfectly on my ATX Z170 board). So I guess I'll just transplant the Dell components into that generic case I bought and put my main rig in the Dell case because I have always loved those cases. Also had to order a smaller CPU cooler and some 92mm PWM fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Just took a pile to recycling; still a few left but packing & shipping (from Toronto) are a PITA and expensive these days.
    At least some of them were re-homed......

What do you have left?
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.