Image Map Image Map

Thread: Apple monitor to VGA adapter

Default Apple monitor to VGA adapter

Is there an adapter that would make an Apple Mac monitor work with a vintage PC with VGA? It's the only CRT monitor I have (I also have access to another Mac monitor)... finding CRT monitors locally seems impossible in my area and shipping is bleh...

Quote Originally Posted by TravisHuckins View Post
    Is there an adapter that would make an Apple Mac monitor work with a vintage PC with VGA? It's the only CRT monitor I have (I also have access to another Mac monitor)... finding CRT monitors locally seems impossible in my area and shipping is bleh...
    Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222523005433

Thanks!

Is there an adapter that would make an Apple Mac monitor work with a vintage PC with VGA?
    Which Mac monitor?

In the 80's, the monitors Apple supplied were fixed frequency and not VGA scan rates.

Monitors that can do VGA had the product name Apple Multiple Scan Display
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_...can_14_Display

for example

The adapters that are out there convert the 15 pin connector on Apple video cards to VGA, and these only work with later
    machines that have support and the select code for VGA in the video hardware.

I'm not using the Mac with a VGA monitor... I want to use a Mac monitor with a PC.

... finding CRT monitors locally seems impossible in my area ...
    Using 'USA' as your area certainly doesn't help your situation one bit. Why don't you do yourself a favor?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

I live in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.

It turns out I have a Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display. Works great with VGA! Thanks for linking the adapter!