Image Map Image Map

Thread: Any Members in Brisbane?

Default Any Members in Brisbane?

This is a particularly bizarre request. I have been researching a particular system, namely an Acer AcerMate 386/20N, and have written what I've found on my blog. So far, I can no form of documentation in digital form.

However...

There is apparently (according to WorldCat, at least) a print copy in the Queensland State Library. I know this doesn't necessarily mean it is there, but I'm wondering if anyone can be bothered to go and take a peek. And, should it be there, what are the chances of me finding someone willing to scan it? Worth a punt, I thought - maybe there's someone else out there as bonkers as me.

Quote Originally Posted by brassicGamer View Post
    This is a particularly bizarre request. I have been researching a particular system, namely an Acer AcerMate 386/20N, and have written what I've found on my blog. So far, I can no form of documentation in digital form.

However...

There is apparently (according to WorldCat, at least) a print copy in the Queensland State Library. I know this doesn't necessarily mean it is there, but I'm wondering if anyone can be bothered to go and take a peek. And, should it be there, what are the chances of me finding someone willing to scan it? Worth a punt, I thought - maybe there's someone else out there as bonkers as me.
    In my experience in dealing with library systems; nothing would tickle a librarian's heart than to disseminate knowledge, in this case if you reach out to the library, they may scan/copy the entire document for you, for a nominal fee.
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161
    Modern Equipment: ThinkPad T61 XP Pro * ASUS X75A 10 Pro

I have Acer AcerMate 450s 486DX2-50. Оn the Internet there is no information. A rare family of computers produced by Acer.

Doing a search on the library's website (http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/) suggests that it's there, but it's in storage.

There's also the possibility of interlibrary loan (http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/services/c...rlibrary-loans) but it gets expensive for international loans.

The copying fee is only $25AUD (or $19USD) for up to 50 pages for international customers. That's pretty reasonable.

I don't know how many pages are in the manual but I doubt it would exceed 50-100.
    System 80 Expansion Interface located! Thanks to all who helped out and the good people in the NZ vintage computer forums!