Image Map Image Map
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: PDP 11/45, Part 6

Hi All;

Dave, Thanks for the thought..

We have done most of the Tests, except for the last few, Which I can try, and see what kind of results I get..

But, this is of the same kind of tests that I am currently failing..

Remember, we did a Branch test, I have not done a Register to Register Move test, nor the Move Immediate to Register Test..

But the rest have been done, not exactly, but in principle before..

THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;

My schedule has changed some..
    So, I am copying down post #97 into my notebook..

I just finished copying post #99 into my notebook, and it had some very good information..

I have started to copy down the Test procedures from the EK 11045 MM007 Maintenance Manual..

THANK YOU Marty
    Last edited by Marty; August 2nd, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

Hi All;

I am working on Individual MicroCode Instructions, seeing which word bits are '1's and Using PDP 11/70 Signal Source as a guide for where the signal's go to, this will not always be a correct source..
    But, it should be a tremendous Help..
    As for instance, on KST.00 (076) word bit 49 is High, and is named Pcb00, it goes out on Finger FN1 and then goes to Data Paths DD1..
    Yes, I have checked it with a meter..
    I think I will see what word bit's go to the Data Paths Board, and Check them all out, then go to the GRA Board and do the same thing, and so on..

When I get back from running around, I will check the connection with a meter, just to be sure what I am seeing is correct, and then I can check the logic levels, both to the IC on the Data Paths Board, and then see that it makes it through the rest of the circuit that is being driven..

The idea is to check each of the microcodes coming from the Rom's to their assigned circuit on another board, making sure that everything is functioning alright..

THANK YOU Marty
    Last edited by Marty; August 3rd, 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Hi All;

I have copied into my notebook the Finger Connections for the Rom Board And so next is to check them with a Meter..
    After that I can start to check Logic levels to and from Various Gates..

THANK YOU Marty