Image Map Image Map

Thread: Email Software

Blog Entries

Default Email Software

Since M$ discontinued its email software I can't find anything that worked as good as Live Mail. Tried Thunderbird and I don't like it.
    Rick Ethridge

Give Sylpheed a try, it's what I use and it does email/news only, no fluff features. Runs on Linux/*BSD, OS X, and Windows.

I went to MS Office Outlook and it's just as good as Windows Mail, maybe better.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

You might give Claws mail a try: http://www.claws-mail.org/index.php

I've only used it under Linux/BSD (there is a Windows download) and is a fast, lightweight client that has plugins for HTML viewers, image viewers, etc. The initial configuration is very basic but quite configurable.

Claws Mail is in fact a fork of Sylpheed (started life as Sylpheed-Claws), and as I understand it's basically Sylpheed with more plugins and features, so probably very good as well.

Blog Entries

I think the latest Thunderbird can be tamed to a certain extent. You need to mess with the buttons and install some plug-inss...
    .. eM might be wroth a punt but I didn't like it...

http://www.emclient.com/
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Blog Entries

I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2000 for years. It's obviously pretty old by this point but it still works with the major mail services like gmail and it is not too hard to find for a few dollars, plus no phoning home so you won't find a copy that has been activated too many times.
    = Excellent space heater