Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PD32 NS32016 computer

JFYI:

An intersting post by mr.neozeed about Definicon DSI-32:
    https://virtuallyfun.superglobalmega...sor-emulation/

Quote Originally Posted by lynchaj View Post
    I am thinking to re-implement the design "AS IS" per the 1986 article. It was advertised to run official Unix System V although I think it could realistically run Minix. The Bruce Culbertson NS32016 board had a Minix port for it and it was a very similar design so I think it would be a good starting point. Only 2MB of DRAM really limits the options though.

Here are some photos and related files http://ftp.berklix.org/~dlr/pd32/

Who is interested in building a "Public Domain 32000" ISA board if it were produced in small hobbyist quantities?
    I would be interested... I just recently got a P3 board with ISA slots...

Quote Originally Posted by lynchaj View Post
    Hi
    Thanks to Dave Rand (one of the original authors) I have recreated the PD32 in KiCAD. There is a schematic and PCB layout. If you are interested in a PD32 revival let me know. If we can get 4-5 people to build the board then I can order prototype boards. They are full size PC/XT (12"x4") PCBs.
    I just built an ISA machine (again) and sure, I'd love some more vintage for my vintage!

Blog Entries

Hi

I built the PD32 in KiCAD and it is basically ready to go. The PCB is done and trace routed and ready for ordering prototype PCBs.

However Dave Rand is designing a new PD32+ based on NS32032 and modern components which made the vintage 1986 design OBE.

Most likely this project will join the ranks of the walking dead.

PD32.jpg